It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
(male)

anonon HB User
Both Shoulders in pain

the pain came gradually(right shoulder first then later the left).I have full range of motion, the pain happened over night about 2 months ago. I have been working on my rear delts and it seems to help a little. so basially my question is, if this is a rotator cuff injury how bad does it sound? Do you think i will need any type of surgery? (keeping in mind that my range of motion is execellent)

side notes:

I tried doing some rotatorcuff workouts, that seemed to increase the pain

I had also taken muscle relaxers and anti-inflamitory pills the whole first month, didn't seem to help any.

Last edited by anonon; 02-20-2012 at 05:06 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to anonon For This Useful Post:
gracoe54 (02-20-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Both Shoulders in pain

Could also be pain from a neck problem...like a herniated disk pressing on the nerves to both shoulders.

The Following User Says Thank You to jennybyc For This Useful Post:
anonon (02-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
(male)

anonon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybyc View Post
Could also be pain from a neck problem...like a herniated disk pressing on the nerves to both shoulders.
When I was younger i was pushed out of a window and landed on my neck, i never really thought of that before. But why would it come out of nowhere so suddenly?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

You can herniate a disk and not have it touch any nerves. And even once it does touch nerves, it may not hurt very much and just feel like a sore muscle. Then all of a sudden, it pushes out a tiny amount more and BINGO, you have major nerve pain. Disks are spongy and continue to herniate over years and years.

They grade the amount of compression on a nerve as minimal, mild, moderate and severe and most people don't feel much until it hits the moderate level. Once it hits severe, it is in danger of killing the nerve and paralyzing the affected muscles.

You should have your shoulder pain checked out just to make sure it's not your neck. Big difference between a aching joint or muscle and a nerve about to paralyze your shoulders. And no one can tell just by looking.

Jenny

Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
(male)

anonon HB User

I'm about to see an ortho, P.A you think he'll be able to realize if it is the nerves or not? for some reason i don't have strong faith in doctors, it's to easy to over look something like that.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

All you have to do is say....could this be from my neck? And the PA should start checking just in case. I have more faith in the PA's of the doc's office than the doc themselves.....PA's are regular people.

Closed Thread