It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

operationdupied HB User
Smile Arthroereisis in 9 years old kid?

Hi,

Has anyone had the arthroereisis implant put in for a kid 9 years old. What was your experience and the long term outcome ?

The insurance considers the procedure invetigational and will not cover the expenses .

Thank you for sharing your experience if you or your kid had that procedure done !

Old 04-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
(female)

irun HB User
Re: Arthroereisis in 9 years old kid?

I have not personally had the procedure yet, but am looking into it for myself. I experience a lot of pain because my feet are misaligned, especially when I run. I know 2 fellow athletes, and my friend's child who was 11 that had this done. They are all very pleased with the results and no longer feel any pain.

I think it also depends on the implant that they use. There are a lot out there so I have had to do a lot of research. I know the 11 year old had a hyprocure implant put in and was walking normally 2 weeks after the surgery. She no longer has pain when she walks or stands for a long time.

After looking into the procedure for myself I have an appointment to go see a surgeon who specializes in the hyprocure implant. They have the most research out there with good results and lower removal rates. I heard that some insurances do cover it as well. It just depends on your carrier and your surgeon.

I hope this helps and I am looking forward to finding out more after I meet with the doctor. If this can help that would be amazing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
(female)

operationdupied HB User
Re: Arthroereisis in 9 years old kid?

I heard it works better on small children not as successful with adults . My surgeon indicated that in 20% of the cases they have to remove it but by that time the foot should be realigned . I don't know the type of implant he is planning to use but he is a very well know and published surgeon with a lot of experience in Baltimore area. I am glad to hear that for your fellow athletes and kid's friend, it worked .Where are you located ? Keep me posted after you visit the surgeon.

Closed Thread