It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
(female)

WhatNow02 HB User
Leg, hip pain at bedtime

I am having horrid left leg, left hip and back pain when I lay down at night. It is so bad I have a hard time rolling over and moving. I can't even lift my leg without pain. I prop my leg on a pillow because it is worse laying flat. I just had to get up and check on my little ones and couldn't hardly scoot out of bed. I hobble for about 10 steps and then am fine.
I have no pain in the hip or back during the day but my knee does bother me if I cross my legs. It is only my left leg.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Old 06-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
(female)

broussard34 HB User
Re: Leg, hip pain at bedtime

I have had the same symptoms for years. However I broke my hip/ pelvic bone when I was 17. Iam 34 now. Last year I finally had a mri. It showed a tear in my hip. And some other rips and tears. Well they fixed everything but my hip tear. So now I hurt more. Get a mri. Go to a good doctor. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
(male)

kolbrun2606 HB Userkolbrun2606 HB User
Re: Leg, hip pain at bedtime

Had kind of same symptoms for years. Went to PT because of torn supraspinatus and then the ball started rolling. When the attention shifted from the healing supra the source of the problem turned out to be a turned pelvis. Once having driven 5 hours straighten in a low seated car, so not a pickup once I my left hip was so stiff I nearly could´t get out of the car, there´s your problem, he told me. Bad collagen which is in the pelvis ligaments is the cause. Swellings in ligaments make them "unelastic", shorter, and as a result the ilio-sacral joint gets swollen and there´s a tendency for your lumbar spine to get a little turned. Discs of bad quality wear out faster and might accelerate the process. So PT´s found out ways to improve condition by exercises which is magic. Good luck!

Reply Reply