It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
(male)

italnstallion99 HB User
Bursitis

Does anyone Have an knowledge on Bursitis and if it can be cured? I recently had a full physcial and all blood work came back normal. Since I was still having pain around my left shoulder blade area my doctor sent me for an X-Ray and everything looked good. I insisted to get an MRI and wham he found Bursitis. For now he has me taking Naproxon as needed and sent me to physcial therapy.

I don't know how I could have gotten this conditon as I am a right handed and this is effecting my left shoulder. The only thing I could think is I was in 2 car accidents rear ended from behind with no symptons of Bursitis until 3 weeks after the first accident.

I don't get the pain all the time and I can't find a specfic activity that triggers the pain. Yesterday was my first session of physcial therapy and as soon as the therapist poked around the area she was able to bring the pain and soreness back which I guess is a good thing. She had me do some arm stretches and also put me on one of those electro massage stimulating machines in additon to ice and an ultra sound.

I just want to find out of anyone has experince with this condition and if physcial therapy is the best treatment?

The Following User Says Thank You to italnstallion99 For This Useful Post:
kolbrun2606 (07-07-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 01:18 AM   #2
(male)

soul2soul HB User
Re: Bursitis

Hi,
I'm 55 And right handed and Right footed,and got it in my Left knee,doctor says it will take couple of months and puit a support on my knee,there's not much you can do except care for it and wait for it to go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply