It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
(female)

Nic83 HB User
Question Lesion..what to do after bone scan?

Hello,
I had an incidental finding of a lesion on my tibia on an Xray. My primary then sent me for an MRI of the area and to an orthopedic. The orthopedic then sent me for a bone scan. I went to my ortho today to get my results and he is sending me to an ortho that deals with oncology. He has told me not to worry, that chances are that it is benign, but that this new doctor will be able to help me more. The report from the bone scan stated that there was subtle focal increase in radio tracer deposition within the proximal right tibia which corresponds with bone lesion noted on MRI. Additionally there is a small subtle focus of radio tracer deposition within the heel of my foot. It then states that clinical correlation is recommended.

I am waiting for this new doctor's office to call me back to schedule me for an appointment. I am told that it often takes awhile for this doctor to be able to see a new patient.

What steps can I expect this doctor to now take. I am hoping that if I find out more information in regards to what to expect that maybe it will put my mind at ease a bit. I am very nervous that I will have to wait months for an appointment while worrying the entire time.

Thanks so much to anyone that can help!
-Nic (29/f)

The following user gives a hug of support to Nic83:
MountainReader (06-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply