It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
(male)

Chriskelly HB User
Returning to sport after knee operation

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had a similar operation to me and how long it took them to get back to competitive sport?

I am 3 weeks and 3 days post op of a knee arthroscopy and lateral bursa removal with an ITB X plasty.

During the arthroscopy there was no cartilage or ligament damage. Then the lateral insertion of the ITB was opened which showed that the bursa sitting underneath the ITB was inflamed and irritated so the removal of the bursa was taken. To lengthen the ITB the surgeon decided to do a X plasty which tears the superficial fibers so when the scar tissue fills the ITB will have new length.

Currently I can do single leg exercises but past 70 degrees there is restrictions as aspected but having some knowledge about rehab I have been on top of it and progressing each day but like everyone always want more!

My main question is how long did it take other people to return to there sport? I compete in age group triathlon racing and am an okish level! My goal is to race Ironman 70.3 Mallorja 11th May 2013.

If anyone has timeframes etc I'd love to hear from you.

Many thanks,

Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply