It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
(male)

Bohemia1 HB User
Chronic Ankle rolling

Hi thanks for taking time to read. I Have had an issue with rolling my ankle for about 6 years now, it started when I was 16 where I completely dislocated my ankle. I am now 22 and every year since then I have rolled the same ankle probably 1-3 times a year, each time being bad enough to turn my foot purple and green. I do alot of hiking despite the bad ankle and I recently injured it on a 4th of July hike. I took precautions in the form of some really stiff hiking boots but I still managed to hurt my ankle in the boots.

Whats is weird about this injury is that I didn't even roll the ankle, I was walking at a slight downhill on a rocky path when my foot had this painful pop that felt to be in the heel. I spent the last mile downhill hobbling with a 30 pound backpack (it really sucked). Now that I'm home i have been icing it for 2 days but like most my other rolls it hasn't gotten much better. I am unable to point my foot back towards myself and I cannot put any weight on it with it flat down. Rolling it left to right is no issue but up and down hurts very bad. All of the pain is different then a normal rolled ankle in that it is all located in the heel and the sides of the achillies tendon. I have always had a problem with my ankle poping very loud on everystep and now I cannot even make it pop. There was no bruising but the entire foot swelled very tight.

I have broken my cuboid in the past as a result of a serious rolled ankle but I do not know if this is relevant.

I have no health insurance and no job due to a fractured elbow about 2 months back (Thanks America). Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply