It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
(male)

jimluke HB User
Wrist injury

About 5 weeks ago at a baseball game I made a diving catch. The glove caught the ground and rolled under me as my body slid across the ground. I felt, and others heard a loud pop. I was in a lot of immediate pain, and remained painful that night. The next day it was stiff and a little swollen. Took a few days to regain full mobility. It has mostly healed except for a few things that don't seem to get any better.

It is painful when i grip and twist things. And is the most painful if my hand is in a cocked position (like pushups). If I do pushups I get a cracking in the wrist, and it's painful enough that I have to stop after just a few. Or if I try to lift something in that hand cocked back position. It also hurts when I put my hand down palm first onto the steering wheel when I drive, i feel like a pressure relief after a few bones seem to crack into place.

It occasionally hurts when I open doors (turning the door knob), but doesn't interfere with every day life to much. Just when I do the above mentioned movements.

Not sure what this is as like I said it doesn't hurt with normal movement really. Occassionally at rest I have a dull pain as well.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
(male)

jimluke HB User
Re: Wrist injury

the pain is located in my left wrist, on the outside (closest to smallest finger side), right where the wrist joint is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Wrist injury

It sounds like you could have a TFCC injury. There is good information on the internet about them.

I too have ulnar sided wrist pain and have many similar symptoms to you.

Reply Reply