It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
(female)

Fit4ever79 HB User
Question Two torn ligaments (anterior & posterior Talofibular)

MRI dx: I have two ligamnets torn: Anterior & Posterior Talofibular .

I twisted my ankle pretty bad in aerobics class, someone was way to close to me and I didn't see them behind me and I tripped on them causing my ankle to twist. I seen the dr a day after and X-ray showed no broken bones so they put me in a air boot for about 3-4 weeks. I went back he released me into splint and said I could return to working out since I was able to run/walk etc.. With little pain. I did have stiffness and can not point my toes/foot down all the way and having trouble making calf muscle and trouble doing calf raise. I called dr back two weeks later and he ordered MRI which showed two torn ligaments of Talofibular the anterior & posterior and he said I need surgery. I'm scared and it's been two months since my injury.. Have any of you been thru this and or had surgery or pt? I'm trying to decide what to do. Thanks!! Trisha.

Last edited by Fit4ever79; 08-04-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
ankle instability, ankle ligament, ankle ligament reconstruction recovery