It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
(male)

Lasaints HB User
HELP! NonUnion fracture in femur 18-20 weeks in.

Hi everybody, this year has one of the top 2 worst periods in my life, if not the worst, which even at 22 years old is saying a lot. Well, back in April of this year I was in a rollover wreck in my 4 runner, where I was ejected through the window of the car. I broke my femur, and dislocated and broke my hip on the opposite side. Over the next 3 days in the ICU, a titanium rod was placed along the femur, and several screws in the ball joint of the hip.

Now it is mid September, and I'm having a really good amount of pain at the fracture site in the femur. Somehow the hip, which I'm told should be much worse, its all but fine. My orthopedic surgeon has told me I have a nonunion fracture, and he wants to go in and remove the rod, replace it with a bigger one, and do a bone graft on the site. I've decided to wait another 6 weeks to see if the Fosamax I started last month helps heal the bone without having to have another surgery.

Earlier this week at my appointment, the doctor has decided to cut my 7.5 mg hydrocodone pills into 5.0s. He would give me 30, and it will last me around 2 weeks or so. Taking one early in the day, and another later in the day when I'm destroyed to the point I have to use my crutches again. I thought I had been very judicial with these. Hell at least half the day I'm fighting through with 4 aspirin and 3 Tylenol. Do you guys think I should go to pain management? What about the surgery I'm probably gonna have to have in 6 weeks? All I know for sure is things could be better than this. Thanks y'all, I appreciate anybody even taking the time to read all this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply