It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

sandrak1952 HB User
pain with ankle fusion

I had an ankle fusion in 2010 and I still have pain in my ankle and bottom of foot (planter facitis?). It feels like there is a wire in my foot when I move it. Not on any pain meds other than advil. Does anyone have any advice?

Old 09-22-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
(male)

phil05 HB User
Re: pain with ankle fusion

hi i went and seen my doc and he has told me i need a full ankle fusion can you tell me a bit more about it i.e how long was you in pain for and how long was you off work for. i was reading on the net and it was saying the pins can move after the fusion and you got to have them out. go and have it looket at because they mite say your pins will have to come out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
(male)

newtonw HB User
pain with ankle fusion

Ankle fusion is a type of surgery used to relieve ankle pain due to damage to the ankle joints or the tendons surrounding it. It is commonly suggested for a degenerative ankle joint. For many years, surgeons have considered an ankle fusion to be the permanent solution for advanced degenerative arthritis of the ankle joint.

Last edited by newtonw; 09-24-2012 at 05:08 AM. Reason: edit

Old 09-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
(female)

Hazeleyes21 HB User

Don't do it. If you can get the ankle replacement. I had the fusion and the pain is awful after 2 years.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:21 AM   #5
(male)

phil05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazeleyes21 View Post
Don't do it. If you can get the ankle replacement. I had the fusion and the pain is awful after 2 years.
been told i am to young to have the ankle replacement, i am only 42 years old so they have said i got to have the full ankle fusion but trying to find out more about it first before i say yes and they wants to do a full pip fusion to the toes on the right foot.

Reply Reply