It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
(male)

phil05 HB User
ankle arthroscopy

just had a ankle arthroscopy on the 26/9/2012 and still in a lot of pain after it and now i cant move my ankle at all, been trying to move it but it would not move, should it be like this after the ankle arthroscopy, can anyone help me and tell me if this is wright

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
(female)

midwestgaldh HB User
Re: ankle arthroscopy

I wanted to reply, but really no answer for you. I would recommend calling your doctor and maybe researching on internet. Hopefully by now, you're not in much pain. I had similar surgery. I broke my ankle, tibia, tibulia, and torn ligaments. It's been 7 weeks since my injury (9/7/12) and had surgery 6 weeks ago (9/13/12) and after 3 weeks of surgery he took my plaster cast off and put me in a air walker boot, but said no movement, non weighbearing. Only take the air cast off to shower. It is sore still but not as much and it tingles when I open my boot. I keep it elevated on 2 pillows at least to heart level and at times above heart level. I haven't been good at icing it. I've been trying to work at home while recovering and forget. I still have swelling when I am up on my crutches for over an hour and having tingling around the incision and arch and outside of foot. My doctor told me it's just going to take patience. ~sigh. It sounds like it will just take time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply