It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
(male)

giggsy07 HB User
Broken 3rd and 4th metatarsal still not right after 5 months

Hi.New to the forum but in a similar position to alot of users.I had an accident horse riding.Horse squashed my right foot between himself and the surrounding wall.I fractured the 3rd and 4th metatarsals.5 months on and its still not right.Im still out of work because if i try and bear weight for long periods it gets very painfull.My movement straight up and down with the foot is good but trying to twist it sideways is extremely painfull still after 5 months.The doctor says it should be good but the physio can see its still not right and says it was a severe break that will take time.Any helpfull advice on this would be very much appreciated.i think myself there was more damage than the 2 metatarsals but what do i know.Will this cause future arthritis ect?Thank you...

The following user gives a hug of support to giggsy07:
Merlot M (10-18-2012)
Old 10-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
(female)

Merlot M HB User
Re: Broken 3rd and 4th metatarsal still not right after 5 months

Hi Giggsy,
I was diagnosed first with a broken cuneiform bone and after 6 weeks they realised it was still not right so gave me a CT scan and discovered that I had in fact broken 4 bones in the LisFranc region.
Have you had a CT scan? Can you get one done. It is very common that they don't pick these breaks up on xray.
I am 2 1/2 months on and still hobbling around in a Moon boot and, like you, I am a horse rider, busting to get back to riding.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply