It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
(female)

pollyj123 HB User
Thumbs down knee injury

Last Friday, I was running cross country and when going around a bend, I heard a pop in my knee. I was in instant pain, and couldn't complete the workout.I went to the doctor, but I did not get an MRI so he couldn't tell exactly what was wrong. He guessed it was a strained ligament but couldn't tell. He told me to get an MRI if it still hurt in a week. It's been a week of me limping around, I can barely put any pressure on it. I am in tons of pain. I've been taking Motrin and wrapping it, but nothing is helping. Is it possible I tore something? Or would I not have been able to be limping around with a torn ligament? Should I be on crutches? The inner part of my knee that is part that is hurt. I would say on a scale of 1-10 of pain(one least amount-ten most amount), I am at a 7 or 7.5.

Last edited by pollyj123; 10-20-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Reply Reply

Tags
knee, mcl, mri, running, tear