It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
(female)

midwestgaldh HB User
Ankle surgery recovery question

I broke my ankle, tibia, tibulia, and torn ligaments. It's been 7 weeks since my injury (9/7/12) and had surgery 6 weeks ago (9/13/12), which they had to put a screw across my ankle and pin & wire the inner part of my ankle, and after 3 weeks of surgery he took my plaster cast off and put me in a air walker boot, but said no movement, non weightbearing. Only take the air cast off to shower. It is sore still but not as much and it tingles when I open my boot. I keep it elevated on 2 pillows at least to heart level and 2-3 times a day above heart level. I haven't been good at icing it. I've been trying to work at home while recovering and forget to ice. I still have swelling when I am up on my crutches for over an hour and having tingling around the incision and arch and outside of foot. i can wiggle my toes but it does tingle. My doctor told me it's just going to take patience. ~sigh. It sounds like it will just take time.

I am a single parent and live out of my hometown, so help is limited, but I do limit my time up moving around on my crutches.

Is it normal to have tingling (pins and needles) when I open my air walker/cast for some relief? What's your recovery been like or can you share your thoughts? thank you in advance

Last edited by midwestgaldh; 10-28-2012 at 07:34 AM.

Reply Reply