It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
(female)

swidick HB User
Talocalcaneal Coalition Surgery

I will be having this surgery in 1.5 months, and am looking forward to it. I have lived with ankle pain since about age 10 (I am now 42), and it was only in my 20's that a CAT scan was done and found that I have the coalition (I had numerous x-rays before that time that never showed it clearly enough). I can't stand more then about 20 minutes without having to sit down and rest my ankles. It's in both feet, by the way. I am pretty active (was a gymnast in my young teens and have kept fairly active since), and have just been living through the pain. I haven't been able to run in many years due to the painful cramping in the front of my calves and just the all over ankle pain. I am hopeful that perhaps I may be able to at least jog a little. Walking without pain would be AMAZING. I will have to get the other foot done also, but I am up for it. I have have had bunion surgery before, so I have an idea what I'm up against.

Any words of wisdom or advice from anyone who has had the surgery?

Many thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
(male)

Ekor HB User
Re: Talocalcaneal Coalition Surgery

Taking 20mg of zinc post surgery really helped reduce swelling, probably because it accelerates healing of tissue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
(female)

MegosLand HB User
Re: Talocalcaneal Coalition Surgery

I just saw your post...wish I could have responded earlier! So, you've had the subtalar fusion surgery? How are you doing??? I'm attempting to do the math...you are now almost 3 months post surgery?

If you are still checking this, feel free to ask questions...I had the same surgery done Sept 7th, 2012 and am hoping to get my screws out within the next couple of months. I feel like I've had a fairly representitive response to each step of the process. The good AND the bad.

Hope to hear from you and that you are doing well!
Meg

Reply Reply

Tags
tarsal coalition, triple arthrodesis