It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
(male)

Powerplay HB UserPowerplay HB UserPowerplay HB UserPowerplay HB User
6 weeks since Triple Arthrodesis surgery

Surgery was about 4 hours and was in the hospital 2 nights. Can't really say I was in bad pain but that was because they did a nerve block right before surgery which was great and lasted 21 hrs without any pain. Then started morphine which can cause problems so I decided to stop taking it on day 4 after surgery and really only took tylenol for a few more days. I had a knee walker that was just wonderful and I highly recommend buying one. Thanks to the knee walker, I am able to go to the gym and even have hit the mall a few times. I even started driving with my left foot 2 weeks after surgery.
I am scheduled for a CScan this Sat which will be 7 weeks after surgery and if it looks good the cast will come off and I go into a boot. What can I expect? Dr. wants me to wait a week before starting PT which will be 3 days a week. Have no idea what I will be doing at PT nor how mobile I will be getting around with the boot. Will I still need to use the knee walker, crutches or have to use a walker? Will the boot cast only be on when I am walking and can I sleep without it? Any advice from those of you that have had this would be appreciated.

Reply Reply