It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #16
(female)

angelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB Userangelee43 HB User
Re: lateral ankle stabilization and debridement

Hi footiefan
Everyone heals at different rates and every surgery is a little different and every surgeon has a different protocol - and our bodies react differently to each other. So you just have to compare how you feel and are doing today with how you were a week ago - at least that's what I'm doing because some days I feel like I've improved and others I feel like I've gone backwards - but my physio said that that is normal.
Not sure about the boot as I haven't had one - just 2 different casts and then lace up ankle brace and I was not allowed to weight bear at all in the cast - had to start weight bearing with crutches once I got the brace.
Remember, you are only 4 weeks post op - very, very early days yet.
Do you get to start any physio or PT soon or do you have to wait a bit longer for that?
The physio will help you start to get things moving slowly - mine keeps telling me with the exercises he has given me to stop at any point if I feel any sharp pain and I have had to do that a few times.
Oh! as for your incision stinging - that is going to happen at different times for quite some time - nerve pain - I have incisions on both sides of my ankle along with the arthroscopic work that was done - it's like my ankle is having it's own party sometimes - lol.
I am 7.5 weeks post op now and I still get the stinging - like little pins firing off - and more so since my physio decided last night to try and work on some of the scar tissue - it has really triggered the nerve pain today.
You are going to get pains, aches etc for a few months, by my understanding but certainly ask your surgeon if you are concerned.
Take care
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply