It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
(female)

bethcar HB User
antibiotics help joint pain?

My situation is sort of complicated. I can recall night sweats started after my last abdominal surgery. The joint pain in fingers shoulders pelvis and other joints within the year. I went from having an unremarkable spine (aside from hemangiomia at C4, mild scoliosis in same area but probably from stiff neck and pulled muscles prob from HEAVY purse and backpack and went away with PT hemangioma was always there and some lower lumbar degeneration that I had for years but never worsened in 10 years) to no more hemangioma or scoliosis and having severe DDD of entire spine in just under 6 months with no injury or lifting anything heavier than a 12 pack of soda. Also lesions in pelvis told to be multiple myeloma and synovitis of pelvis. The synovitis probably explains why I can bloat 10 pounds over night and need clothing in several sizes I always associated it with taking medicines but now I think its that the medicines make me more active so increase movement and increased swelling. Also, it is the area (my pelvis) I have horrible night sweats and more recently day sweats. Along with this, I am now getting venus pooling in legs sitting for short periords but have complained about my circulation being sucky for years. Earlier this year when all these symptoms and dx came about, I was sent home from ER with antibiotic cuz they couldnt find out what was wrong with me. One great thing about seeing a pill mill doctor was I could get him to give me more antibiotics. i notice that my joint pain is less severe and the night sweats go away on them (cipro 500s I cut in half and take twice a day). Infection usually is high WBC but mine is low? Anyone have any ideas?

My current dx: MS, RA, DDD, MM, chron's, psoriasis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply