It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
(male)

BodyByGriff HB User
Exclamation Wrist pain

This is my first post so here it goes.

I don't think this is related but its possible but about 10 years ago i had a triple compound fracture on my right wrist playing ball. For the past 2 months i have had sharp pains in my wrist. The motion to which the pain occurs, do as follows, put your hand on your desk palm down, now bend your wrist with thumb going towards your body (like in a waving to someone motion). The pain is at the end of that motion toward your body approx half an inch below my thumb joint. I hope you are able to understand this. It hurts when i twist a door knob to open it, pick up my son, writing anything down, even moving the mouse certain ways. I have no idea what is wrong but it hurts badly when i move it a certain way. I have been to the doctor and they did x-rays and she said my wrist looks great as far as bone structure goes. She said it may be arthritis and the weather may have something to do with it. I do not have a lot of faith in my Doctor right now and i am looking to switch. If anyone has had similar problems with their wrist or if there are any doctors on here please help! My biggest fear is that when my son gets old enough to play ball i wont be able to play catch, go fishing, hunting, or even pick him up much longer because it hurts that bad!

Reply Reply

Tags
wrist injury