It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
(female)

megan0250 HB User
Recovery from ORIF ankle hardware removal

Hi,

My bones healed ok since I had ORIF ankle surgery 16 mos ago. My doctor has agreed to remove the hardware to help reduce my pain. (I've had pain due to the hardware)

I had broken my fibula bone and that is where I currently have a plate and 6 screws and that is where metal was placed.

I'm going into surgery in 3 weeks to have this metal removed and the doctor said it would be about a 4-6week recovery period. He also mentioned I should be able to put weight on it but it will be sore for a bit after the surgery

Please let me know any feedback on this recovery so I can know what to expect. I am not going on medical leave at work, I'm just taking 2 weeks off and hoping I'll be able to return after. Any feedback is much appreciated as I'm hoping this will be a smooth and easy recover. Not like the 1st surgery which was very painful and long

thanks!
Meg

Old 01-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
(female)

jb1966 HB User
Re: Recovery from ORIF ankle hardware removal

Did anyone answer this post? I am having my one long screw removed tomorrow. 3months after surgery. How long was your recovery? I assume I will be up and about right away since it is a day surgery + just a local anasthetic.
Any info would be great.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply