It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Btrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB User
Ankle reconstruction

Hi, am new to the boards and am scheduled for ankle reconstruction on the 11th. Will see my OS on Monday, and he'll detail exactly how detailed surgery will be. Getting very nervous/anxious concerning surgery, what to expect, pain levels, etc. Can anyone share their experiences please? Thanks!

Old 12-28-2012, 06:20 AM   #2
(female)

TILLY19 HB UserTILLY19 HB User
Re: Ankle reconstruction

so yesterday it was 5 weeks and 2 days post op. I went to the doc and he said to start doing motion exercises ( up and down/ inversion/eversion). he told me to ween myself off crutches. Once I felt comfy enough with full wt bearing he said I can just wear the brace. I was so excited. I went home and already knew I could walk with one crutch pretty good, so I tried no crutches. I did it!!! I was just walking to and from my kitchen to living room. There was no pain. I had a slight limp (more from being cautious I guess). So this morning I was woken up by excrutiating pain in my ankle. It hurt as bad like the few days after surgery. I took 3 ibuprofen and iced. It felt better so I got ready and went into work. When I sat down at work I had a couple sharp pains that made me cry. I have ice on it and am freaking out. I'm also using 2 crutches again and afraid to put more weight down. I'm suppose to start therapy tonight. Would you go??? It feels better again now that I have iced and taken another pill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
(female)

TILLY19 HB UserTILLY19 HB User
Re: Ankle reconstruction

ooops. thought I posted my last comment in another thread. Well,now you have some idea of where I am 5 weeks later. I think you read my other experience in another forum on here. Good luck!

Reply Reply