It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
(female)

new0918 HB User
Falling on a Broken Patella

I was in a car accident in September, crashing head on into a cement barrier. I broke my tibia and my fibula as well as my patella. I had a rod inserted with screws to stabilize the tib/fib fracture and was placed into a boot and a large knee imobilizer. I also had a plate with screws placed in my left collar bone because it was my dominant hand. I was released from the hospital after 24 days and three weeks later was allowed to start physical therapy. I can now walk with no boot and a small knee imobilizer in the unlocked position only as needed. However, I fell hard on my knee a few days ago and now my knee is clicking when I bend it, I have severe pain when pressure is put on my leg, even though I ice it regularly, and my knee and leg are both very swollen. Especially my knee. It has been 11 1/2 weeks since the accident and I was just wondering if the patella fracture was completely healed or if I might have done serious damage by falling on it. I go back for x-rays next week at my 12 week appt I was just wondering because I'm in so much pain and the swelling is pretty bad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply