It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
(male)

Amauri01 HB User
Calcaneus Fracture

Well I fell off a roof on the 18th of December and fractured my left calcaneus and my right knee cap. The doctor decided the heel needed surgery so I had it done on the 29th. I've been home since New Years day and for the most part I've been doing ok. The hardest part has been the mental side of things. I live on the fourth floor of an apartment unit with no elevator so its hard for me to get around. I'm used to going outside everyday and I am highly active.

Anyway today when my girlfriend was changing my dressing I noticed a blood blister near the incision and I was just wondering if this is normal...

Thanks,
Amauri

P.S. I've been laying the foot on its side where the blister is, I still maintain it elevated while on its side.

Last edited by Amauri01; 01-07-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
(female)

Lillian2004 HB User
Re: Calcaneus Fracture

I don't think it's normal, I've had 3 surgeries in my foot, no blood blister. I'd call ur dr. Probly will say it will go away on its own...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
(female)

desross4 HB User

Dear Amauri:

Actually this is pretty common with calcaneus fractures. It's called a fracture blister. It's related to the injury trauma. Most surgeries are postponed until they clear up. In your case, they showed up later. You should notify your doctor about treatment.

Desross4

Old 01-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
(male)

Berkberk HB User

I had the the same accident and surgery as you and I live on the third floor. I'm very active too and let me tell you I had no idea this would be as mentally tough as it is. If you havent already check with your leasing office to see if you can transfer to an apartment on the first floor. Mine let me for a $250 transfer fee and it was well worth it. I came close to taking some bad falls going up all those steps on crutches. Good Luck!

Last edited by Berkberk; 01-14-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: grammar

Reply Reply