It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
(female)

musikbox HB User
Foot/toe problems

Hiya! New to this place, but I need some advice.

I am now 27 and have had incredibly pained feet (big toe/ball of foot) since I can remember. I grew up and out pretty quickly and have euro 42 planks. I disguised that I needed new shoes as a kid - my parents couldn't afford etc. Now I have weird warped feet. Very, very painful feet! Link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpcgo8n9i8x85to/photo.JPG

From link, are my feet in relaxed mode. I can't extend any of my toes. You can see my left foot is already in epic bunion formation. I have been trying to get back into running, but I simply can't without pain or dislocating a toe joint. This happens on at least a weekly basis, and I've learnt to reset myself.

My mother suffers from osteoporosis and arthritis, and is on a cocktail of crap that seems to not be doing much (she is 65).

GP has had a look but isn't concerned because of my age and general health.

6 months into trying aqua fitness and taking high dose omega 3/gluco.

Am in New Zealand, if that helps!

Any advice, ideas would be appreciated! Thanks

Old 01-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Foot/toe problems

Go see a sports med ortho who specializes in foot and ankle surgery. That's your best bet. Check around with some athletes or professional dancers and see who they use.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply