It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
(male)

mswtim HB User
MRI of left knee

I was at my 4.5 old triplets birthday bowling party. I ran to eldest daughter because she picked up a bowling ball and didn't want her to drop it on her foot. I saved her but in the process my left foot went in the bowling lane(fresly waxed) and and buckled underneath me. I heard a pop a little pain. The next day it was swelled pretty good. Went to urgi care and told me to get a ortho referal. Went to see ortho surgeon and he made me cry like a little baby while playing with my knee. He feels just sprained knee and put me in a brace and a MRI. These are the results and it sounds like really nothing wrong. Wondering if anyone can tell me what the finds mean. Sorry this is so long.

Findings: There is a focal signal changes and thickening at the insertion of the lateral collateral ligament consistent with periligamentous edema. There is a similar apperance to the distal biceps femris tendon insertion. No fulll-thickness disruptoin or finds to sugest laxity at either location. There is mild superfical swelling in this region.

Findings are most consistent with a grade I/grad II lateral collateral ligament sprain and low-grade partial-thickness longitudial tear of the biceps femoris. There is also chronic thickening of the iliotibial band.

There is a small focal area of the fluid signal involving the posterior tibial insertion of the anterior ligament which may represent cystic changes or a small focal partial-thickness tear. There is mild fluid distention of the synovial sheath around the ACL without intrasubstance swelling of the ACL itself. The major portion of the ACL are intact without disruption or laxity.

There is mild flouid distention of the lateral recess without joint infussion.

There is a grade II surface irregularity and signal changes within the articular cartilage of the femoral trochela.

Impression:
1) Lateral collateral liagment sprain which appears subacute to chronic.
2) Low-grade partial-thickness tear of the biceps femoris tendon insertion.
3) Focal fluid signal within the posterior tibial insertion fo the ACL without additional findinds. This is also likelyt chronic given the appearance and may be degenerative or related to an old injury.
4) Grade II chondral changes in the femoral trochela.
5) Chronic thickening of the iliotibial band without acute intrasubstance signal or adjacent edema.

Thank you so much for any help and I do understand that most people commenting on this are not medically trained but I am hoping you know what they are from your experience. I am hoping only physically therapay at the worst.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply