It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #1
(male)

DryIce HB User
peroneus longus tendon

Hi, this is my first post was googleing around and found these boards and I figured I might be get some directions here.

I'm obviously not looking for a diagnosis online or anything just a general idea of what I should be looking for/should I be going to my doctor.

So the question is about the peroneus longus tendon as the title suggest I've been noticing this lately past few months or so usually in the mornings I wake up and it feels like the tendon is ''out of place'' it's basically slided behind the lateral malleolus...

I hope someone understand what I mean by this, the tendon is basically ''slided'' backwards so far it just leads to my ankle area feeling a bit numb and the tendon will slide back into it's usual place after I get up and move around a bit.

I just want to know in basic terms should I be worried...

Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Re: peroneus longus tendon

Hi! Post on the foot problems board and you will probably get more responses. I would see a bord certified foot/ankle orthopedic surgeon. Sounds like your peroneal tendons might be subluxing (popping in and out of place). I don't know that for sure but its what it sounds like. This happened to me and was the result of several ankle injuries and I've had 2 surgeries. Before the 2nd surgery my doctor found my tendons were popping over the malleolus. He fixed that in surgery along with other stuff. The bad thing about letting that go is that it can cause the tendon to degenerate and/or tear. Again, don't know that this is what you have, just sharing my experience because your symptoms sound like mine. Please get it checked! Let us know what the doctor says! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply