It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
(female)

frozenmonkeyfac HB User
Unhappy Ankle Fusion 6mths post op

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum so please excuse me if I leave anything out or do something not quite up to par.

I had an ankle fusion 6 months ago on my left ankle due to chipped cartilage. I sprained my ankle about a year and a half before that and after going back (TO THE WORK COMP) doc about 4 times they finally agreed to do further testing due to my pain.

ANYWAY- I am still having major pain and about 4 weeks ago, a new symptom popped up. My ankle is not popping and sending pain through my leg. It feels like its popping in the inside joint. I still have bruising and swelling in that location and on the outside joint of my ankle.

I have told my OS all of my issues, after injections he finally agreed to send me for an MRI which I had Friday. I am just getting discouraged BC I feel as if something is wrong BUT he tells me he doesn't see anything and that the pain is "normal" and will "get better".

If he tells me nothing is wrong do you all suggest a different doctor? Its Workman's comp so I would probably have to end up hiring a lawyer if I want to change. If any of you have had similar issues with the pain, busing, swelling and popping PLEASE HELP!

I can't stand to be on my feet more than 30 min at a time. I am 27 years old and shouldn't have this type of pain! UGH!

Thanks for taking your time to read and respond! I really appreciate it! GOD BLESS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
ankle, brusing, fusion, pain, popping