It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
(female)

Lily45 HB User
Ankle arthroscopy and lateral ligament reconstruction

Ankle arthoscopy and lateral ligament reconstruction what can I expect.

Last edited by Lily45; 03-23-2013 at 02:57 AM.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
(male)

WeeIan HB User
Re: Ankle arthroscopy and lateral ligament reconstruction

Hi, I had this procedure a fortnight ago now.

Don't know if you've had yours yet but to answer your questions - I went in as a day case. At the hospital for 0730 and taken down just after 9. You also fill out a questionnaire with the nurse, medical history, height, weight etc. I came too in the pre-op room then was wheeled back to the ward. I got out at 1700 thou could probably have got out earlier but this is when I had someone who could pick me up.

Yes, it's done under General Anaesthetic, I had my canular (tube in your hand) put in down in the pre-op room. They then tell you that the drugs to knock you out are going in then they put an oxygen mask over you and ask you to take a few deep breaths. I'd been under GA before (broken nose - kickboxing) so you may get more questions if its the first time.

Anything else you want to ask just shout.
Good luck!
Ian

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
(female)

Lily45 HB User

Is there anything else they put in you or on you expect for the iv?

Old 03-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #4
(male)

WeeIan HB User

Regarding expectations for an IV I Guess it depends on your medical history, ie is there a history of any illness (Hearttrouble etc) in your family etc. mine seemed relatively straightforward. You'll be told to fast from a certain time, mine was midnight the previous day. Can't think of anything else.

Yeah, I had a nerve block done too. As I understand this is for both surgical anesthesia and to help with my post-operative pain control (foot has the numb feeling similar to a visit to the dentist for a couple days afterwards).

I was on the good drugs for 5 days afterwards. Goes without saying but make sure you have someone around to help you, especially the first few days as you will be dozing a lot!

Anything else let me know.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #5
(male)

WeeIan HB User

Regarding expectations for an IV I Guess it depends on your medical history, ie is there a history of any illness (Hearttrouble etc) in your family etc. mine seemed relatively straightforward. You'll be told to fast from a certain time, mine was midnight the previous day. Can't think of anything else.

Yeah, I had a nerve block done too. As I understand this is for both surgical anesthesia and to help with my post-operative pain control (foot has the numb feeling similar to a visit to the dentist for a couple days afterwards).

I was on the good drugs for 5 days afterwards. Goes without saying but make sure you have someone around to help you, especially the first few days as you will be dozing a lot!

Anything else let me know.

Reply Reply