Recovery time for arthoscopic ankle surgery?
Apologies if this has been asked many times before, I'm having trouble finding answers online and my doctor is very hard to get a hold of.
I'm scheduled to have ankle surgery, arthoscopic, on April 10. I have a two week vacation planned that starts May 20. Do I need to push back the vacation?
The person helping me schedule the surgery (not my doctor) dismissed my concerns and said I'd be fine, but I'm concerned. The surgery is apparently going to be arthoscopic, but the doctor said he might need to "open it up a little" depending on what he finds. The purpose of the surgery is to shave down a bone spur and remove scar tissue from an old sprained ankle that wasn't properly healed in the first instance.
Should I preemptively reschedule my vacation, or wait and see?