It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
(male)

gettingfit444 HB User
I think I have Achilles Tendinitis Can I still run?

Well recently I increased my running distance from 3 miles a day to 6 in the span of about a week which now that I do some research learn that wasn't the smartest thing to do. Anywhoo one day I woke up with a tightness in my Achilles tendon and upon research have learned it is Achilles Tendinitis due to increasing my distance in too short a time-frame.

I ran with it yesterday, did 6 miles but i had to go at a really slow pace for the first mile until it warmed up, then later on in the day I noticed it was a bit swollen but really did not hurt at all just the usual slight tightness.

From what I have read there are a lot of mixed opinions some people say do NOT run with it and some other don't seem to think its so bad they just say cut the distance in half and use a treadmill at 0% incline. I really love running and don't feel like myself when I don't get my morning run in. What do you guys suggest?

Also from what I gather my case really is not too severe, some people have excruciating pain and can barely walk. For me other than the slight tightness there is really no pain at all. How long would a mild case like mine take to go away?

Reply Reply