It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
(female)

Mandy121060 HB User
Ulna shortning bone heal failure

I had an ulna shortning and after being in plaster for 6 weeks, the bone had not fused.
I had to have the plate and screws replaced and my own bone graft inserted.
I've been told that if it doesn't mend it never will.
Nothing they can do.
Has anyone experienced the same.

I'm due to go back tomorrow(thurs) to see if all ok and have a 7 week old plaster removed.

The following user gives a hug of support to Mandy121060:
MountainReader (04-10-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Ulna shortning bone heal failure

I think there was another poster on her a couple years ago who had a similar problem. You might try searching 'ulnar osteotomy' on the boards to see if you can find it.

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a bad time of it. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
(female)

imcricket HB User
Unhappy Re: Ulna shortning bone heal failure

hi-I had a left ulnar osteotomy go bad due to previously undiagnosed instability in my wrist-my plate and bone broke apart,the surgery to repair that resulted in a non-union,then it was found that I had a huge undiagnosed torn ligament in my wrist,away a couple mor surgeries,radio-ulna re-construction,fixing the wrist ligament....they took ligaments from both ankles,bone from my hip,etc...eventually leading to a one bone forearm,where I then continued to have complications-that's where I can insert the ulnar shortening...all in all,I'm tired of surgery-went to see my surgeon last month,who informed me that I'll need at least three more surgeries-2 on my good arm/wrist,due to overuse issues,and he wants to start me on elbow replacements-Im very young for elbow replacement-my mother still bowls,if I reach her age,I' ll be ready for my third replacement-considering my bad luck with surgery,I'm not rushing surgical decisions-anyone out there have problems with elbow arthoplasty?just want to be well informed-trust me,if it can be done to an arm,it's probably already happened to me surgically.

The following user gives a hug of support to imcricket:
MountainReader (08-12-2014)
Reply Reply

Tags
bone, fail, heal