It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
(male)

talus2112 HB User
Tingling on bottom of foot after non-weight bearing for 8 weeks

hello

I broke my Talus bone and had surgery 6 weeks ago—2 screws. Since the accident its been about 8 weeks, so i've not had any weight on it since then. Have had a soft cast, hard cast, and now I'm in "the boot". Dr said xrays are looking great, so he gave me the go ahead for 50% weight, using crutches.

as im doing this, Its not so much painful, as it is uncomfortable, with a tingling sensation on the heels and ball of my foot—like pins and needles when your foot falls asleep.

Its hard to practice walking due to this, and i also want to make sure this is "normal" given my situation. Any help and insight would be great!

Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
(male)

gettingfit444 HB User
Re: Tingling on bottom of foot after non-weight bearing for 8 weeks

I have a similar situation I have had tendinitis for about a week now in my ankle and it was swollen for a while but now it seems to be getting better, and the swelling is getting less and less. I also notice sometimes I feel tingling like pins and needles in it lately as well.

My guess is that it is due to the blood flow returning to normal which is definitely a good thing. In my case I am pretty sure it is positive because I am finally able to run at my semi normal speed again and as you said you are putting 50% weight back on your foot so I would assume its the blood flow and actually a positive thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #3
(female)

Two timer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by talus2112 View Post
hello

I broke my Talus bone and had surgery 6 weeks ago—2 screws. Since the accident its been about 8 weeks, so i've not had any weight on it since then. Have had a soft cast, hard cast, and now I'm in "the boot". Dr said xrays are looking great, so he gave me the go ahead for 50% weight, using crutches.

as im doing this, Its not so much painful, as it is uncomfortable, with a tingling sensation on the heels and ball of my foot—like pins and needles when your foot falls asleep.

Its hard to practice walking due to this, and i also want to make sure this is "normal" given my situation. Any help and insight would be great!

Thanks in advance

Old 04-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
(female)

Two timer HB User

Hi, just had talonavicular fusion 3/25/13. At 5 weeks N WB. I too seem to be having pain in instep and puffy purple toes. Hope to have good X-ray report next week. Did you have new cast with build up to walk or some kind of boot? Good luck with your healing, sounds like your a week or so ahead of me.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
(female)

Two timer HB User

Just replied to you, didn't include that I also had ankle fusion 5 yrs ago. Can't remember too much except for a lot of swelling even after final cast removal. Please ask for PT wish I had. My TN fusion is quite common after ankle fusion, sorry to say. Take care. Don't give up!

Reply Reply