It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2005, 09:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jacal5 HB Userjacal5 HB User
Smile Thanks for increasing my bone density

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone on this message board
for helping me bring the bone density in my spine back to normal from osteopenia.

Everyone has given me so much helpful information about this condition and what to do for it, including diet, exercise, what books to read and supplements to take, I could never thank all of you enough.

The information I have found here is priceless, and I pass on the information to my friends and family to help them keep their bones healthy, and they are so thankful.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL DURING THIS HOLIDAY SEASON AND ALWAYS

jacal5

Old 12-12-2005, 01:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CrohnieToo HB User
Re: Thanks for increasing my bone density

And thank YOU, Jacal, for sharing your good news and spreading hope to others of us here!!! Go with God.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2005, 03:48 PM   #3
(female)

Kadey HB User

Would you share what specifically it is you've done/taken that improved your bone density score... I'd love to know.

Old 12-18-2005, 02:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Kadey,

I read about E-zorb calcium on this message board, took it all summer and had a bone density test done in November. My spine went from oteopenia to normal, but my left femur was slightly worse. Before I ordered E-zorb calcium on-line I was taking calcium citrate and my bone density scores in my spine and hip kept getting worse, so it was not helping me. I don't take any medication, but I do take a high potentcy pharmaceutical grade multi-vitamin,
vitamin k, and extra maganesium, zinc, and vitamin C. Some other minerals that are good for bone density are contained in my multi-vitamin.

I watch my diet and eat calcium rich foods and stay away from soda and caffeine and other foods which are detrimental to bone health.

The rep at E-zorb recommended that I increase my dose from, 4 tablets daily to 6, to see if my hip improves along with the spine, he says most customers see an improvement in bone density from E-zorb.

I am in physical therapy right now for a strained ligament in my knee,
but it responded well to treatment and I was able to join the gym a few months ago. My doctor said working with weights will increase mineralizaton
in the bones. I lost seven pounds already, and I feel so much better after I go to the gym, I have much less muscle aches in body.

Along with reading this message board for tips, I would recommend 'The Bone Density Diet' book. Don't let the title fool you, it's not only about food, the book covers everything you need to know including diet, exercise, vitamins, etc. I'm going to get it out of the library again after the holidays and reread it.

Good luck and have a happy holiday.

Last edited by jacal5; 12-18-2005 at 02:19 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jacal5 For This Useful Post:
Carl Meyer (09-20-2011)
Old 02-24-2006, 06:05 PM   #5
(female)

PatAspray HB User

I am new to this board. Have been on Actonel for almost a year. I'd like to stop using it, but only when I have an alternative that works.

I would like to hear more about Ezorb. Anyone else having good results with it? Anyone stopping the use of Actonel and switching to Ezorb?

Last edited by PatAspray; 02-26-2006 at 07:22 AM. Reason: modifying my post

Old 02-28-2006, 03:43 PM   #6
(male)

kobalt HB User

Jacal5,
Could you please tell me which multivitamin that you are taking. I have also started taking ezorb in the last 3 weeks. Was on actonel but had alot of back pain so I stopped taking it. I ordered the Bone Density Book that you talked about of mentioned. I bought it on Ebay for less then $3.00. I am just about out of my multivitamin and have to buy more.

Thanks in advance,

Kobalt

Old 03-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #7
(female)

cathy4800 HB User

That's great. I've been reading these posts and want to increase my bone density through vitamins, exercise and food. Could you tell us the brand of multi-vitamin you use? You mentioned it was pharmaceutical grade.
Thanks and continued success!

Old 03-19-2006, 07:42 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi everyone,

Sorry about not responding to posts, I haven't been on the boards for a few months due to family problems, it has been a very stressful time for my mother and I and the issues will not be resolved for some time, we have to wait and see, which creates more stress....

The multi-vitamins cost about 30 dollars for a month's supply, I get them through mail order, they are a three tablet daily dose packaged in an individual plastic packet, the vitamin/mineral content are listed below:

Vitamin C (as Ester C® calcium ascorbate) 200 mg -
Thiamin (Vitamin B-1)
(as thiamine HCL) 50 mg -
Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 50 mg -
Niacin (Vitamin B-3)
(as niacinamide) 50 mg -
Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCL) 50 mg -
Folate (as folic acid) 400 mcg -
Vitamin B-12 (as cyanocobalamin) 100 mcg -
Biotin 100 mcg -
Pantothenic Acid (as d-calcium pantothenate) 50 mg -
Calcium (as calcium citrate, Ester C®, calcium ascorbate) 60 mg -
Iodine (from kelp) 150 mcg -
Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) 30 mg -
Zinc (as Biokey® zinc chelate) 15 mg -
Copper (as Biokey® copper chelate) 1.5 mg -
Manganese (as Biokey® manganese chelate) 1 mg -
Chromium (as Biokey® chromium chelate) 200 mcg -
Molybdenum (as Biokey® molybdenum chelate) 75 mcg -
Potassium (as potassium complex) 1 mg **
Boron (as Biokey® boron chelate) 5 mg *
Choline (as choline bitartrate) 50 mg *
Citrus bioflavonoid complex
[50% total bioflavonoids (20 mg)] typical profile: 40 mg -
(to equal 50% total bioflavonoids) - -
Flavanone (hesperidin) 14 mg -
Flavonones (naringin, naringenin 7-B-rutinoside and others) 5.6 mg -
Flavonois, flavones and related phenolic compounds 0.4 mg -
Inositol 50 mg *
PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) 50 mg *
Rutin (dimorphandra mollis)(seeds) 40 mg *
Silicon 2 mg *
Sulphur (colloidal) 5 mg *
Vanadium (as Biokey® vanadium chelate) 10 mcg *
Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 400 IU's -
Vitamin E as: - -
Natural Mixed Tocopherols with: 60 mg *
d-alpha tocopherol 9.6 mg *
N/A (14 IU's Vit.E) -
d-beta tocopherol 1.2 mg *
d-gamma tocopherol 40.2 mg *
d-delta tocopherol 9 mg *
Palm Tocotrienol Complex as Tocomin®** with: 20 mg *
d-alpha tocopherol 4.2 mg *
d-alpha tocotrienol (14 IU's Vit.E) +
d-gamma tocotrienol 4.2 mg *
d-delta tocotrienol 9.4 mg *
N/A 2.2 mg *
Selenium 200 mcg -
CoEnzymeQ10 30 mg *
Caromix®***Standardized Mixed Carotenoids containing: Total: 25 mg -
Alpha Carotene as Caromin®**** 1 mg -
Astaxanthin as astaZANTHIN™***** 750 mcg *
Vitamin A CaroCare®****** (as beta carotene) 20,000 IU's 400%
Gamma Carotene 132 mcg *
Lutein (as FloraGlo®******* from marigold flowers) with 6mg -
Zeaxanthin 300 mcg -
Lycopene (as Lycomato®******** from tomatos) with 5 mg *
Phytoene 490 mcg -
Phytofluene and other phytoactive antioxidants. 450 mcg *
* Daily value(DV) not established
Percent DV are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSAGE.

Quality Guarantee: This product is manufactured under strict quality control to maintain purity and potency. This assures you of optimal safety and reliability.

I take magnesium/vitamin K, fish oil, and extra zinc and vitamin ester-c in extra supplements as advised by a nutritionist. The nutritionist gave me calcium citrate to take with this regimen, but it was not working to improve my bone density, so I switched to E-zorb.

I also take policosinal and plant sterols before I eat any meals that contain fat to keep my cholesterol down, and they worked along with a change in diet. My total cholesterol went down from 300 to 172, I was saved from taking statin drugs as my doctor recommended because of these two natural supplements that can be bought over the counter.

I have been going to the gym since October, 2005, and really enjoy working on the weight machines for my lower body, I am up to 30 pound weights,
which is good for me, because when I started I could not even lift 15 pounds with my legs, my physical therapist is so happy that my leg muscles are not so weak any longer.

I hope this helps, and if anyone would like to comment on my protocol, or thinks I am missing a supplement that would be helpful to my bone health,
I would love to read about it!

Last edited by moderator2; 03-20-2006 at 06:17 AM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules - do not ask members to interpret them for you - email the administrator if you have questions

Old 03-19-2006, 09:29 AM   #9
(female)

judynearottawa HB User

Hello to you Jaccal and Kobalt,
This is judynearottawa and yes I live in Canada near Ottawa ...I would like to get that book too, and wonder where you get it and what it is called, and also I wrote down all the vitamins you are taking Jackal so I will try to figure out where to find them ..?? and I know about the calcium so I can find it on the internet ...I am not taking anything now, having taken Fosamax and Actonel but did not get any bone density improvement after five years, so now am looking for something else, on nothing now, as I was supposed to take Forteo but after two months (it is still in the fridge) I decided it made my budget too stressful and so for 1000 per month Canadian money, my own money, well I decided to wait till I win the lottery some other time, or as my doctor said around Christmas to me, "you can wait till you have a fracture and then pay for it" Merry Christmas to me eh..well that is past now, looking ahead to trying new vitamins and new calcium and trying to work out, as I gave up as I got discouraged ..no excuses I know, but for some reason I felt like giving up, but now I am going to try harder, like you Jackal in the gym and you other members too. I guess being in the woods here, with all the snow and ice, well ...no more excuses I know, work out, weights etc. So thank you all, and keep the ideas coming as I really need them, and even write it all down (printer not working) so ...bye now and thank you again, from judynearottawa in the woods with the deer at the window eating the birdseed ..they are good company here.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:46 AM   #10
(female)

cathy4800 HB User

Hi Judy,
My mother has severe osteoporosis and fosomax did nothing for her. She subsequently learned that fosomax, actinol, etc. don't reverse osteoporosis. They just stave it off. In her case, it didn't even do that. She started forteo 2 years ago (got on some program from Lilly where it only cost $13 american dollars per month) and her bone density starting reversing itself--went from -4 something to -3 something. She's 85 and has shrunk 6 inches from osteoporosis and has bad scoliosis. All of this occurred within the past 6 years. After 2 years of Forteo, she' being taken off it--because they no loner have the $13 program (it's now over $700 us dollars per month) and because 2 years on it is WAAYYY too long.
I have osteopenia only on my spine and am exploring natural things to do. I do believe that weight bearing exercises will help. I also believe that a lot of doctors are completely caught up in the pharmaceutical thing--where they just prescribe you a drug as a solution; drugs that have side effects, are expensive and even harmful in the long run. I'm trying to avoid those drugs as long as I can.
Good luck.
Cathy

Old 03-23-2006, 12:48 PM   #11
(female)

pweg HB User
Unhappy Re: Thanks for increasing my bone density

Jacal5,

Thanks for the vitamin assay that you are taking. Can you tell us the name of the vitamin supplement that you are taking and where you purchase it? I want to try your regime, since I'm well on my way towards osteoporosis.

Thanks again!

Pweg

Old 04-04-2006, 03:44 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

If one capsule of e-sorb calcium has 560 mg wouldn't 3 a day be enough. Why do they recommend 6 day? Thanks

Old 04-04-2006, 05:04 AM   #13
(female)

cathy4800 HB User

my guess is, because the amount of elemental calcium per tab is actually very small--143 mgs.
I'm planning on starting off taking 4 tabs a day. I think between that and eating calcium rich foods, the cal. absorption rate should be good (at least I'm hoping.)
Nature's Life has a formula called Reinforce Bone. I'm thinking of switching to that after I'm done with the Ezorb. I'm still not 100% sold on Ezorb. If Peregrine reverses her numbers, then I will be...so keeping my fingers crossed for that.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:22 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

I just order some e-sorb. I'm wondering how it help with muscle aches and pains.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #15
(female)

nightangel73 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtocamp
I just order some e-sorb. I'm wondering how it help with muscle aches and pains.
I don't think it will do a thing for your muscles and pain..

Closed Thread