It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2006, 08:59 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
80% raw food and 20% warmed/cooked food

Lavinia,
Hi it's linda again. I see you're still staying and are determined to change the PH of your blood and tissues from acid waste to alkaline balance and it's as easy as changing the types of foods we eat.
all one has to do is look around in any public place and see that people are suffering from obesity, fatique, and premature aging. this way and type of eating has been taught through tradition and convenience, a lifestyle and way of eating that was extremely adidifying to the blood and tissues.

remember I mentioned this one mircoscopist who wrote a book and his wife shelly also wrote a cook book to make it easier for people like us who want to change our pH? he was doing research testing team and has observed thousands of blod samples from people all over the world. Over and over agin he saw with his own eyes the changes, at the cellular level, that would occur when people made changes in their diet. as they adopted a more alkalizing diet, rich in raw vegetabels, ESPECIALLY GREENS, he witnessed an exrtreme improvment in (1) blood cell integrity (2) oxygenation of the blood stream, (3) diminishing yeast and fungal forms in the blood serum, and (4) a dramatic reduction in bacterial and higher pleomorphic and disturbing microforms found in the blood of sick and tired people.

it really gives us more energy to eat less meats and milk products.
my boyfriend, my partner whom I"ve now been with for five yrs now is the one that looked at my blood speciman under a special miscroscope and I got to see the fungi floating around and I saw bad and good cells. it truely has changed my view of the foods we ingest.
it really can alter or slow down the process of disease in our bodies.
juicing is really good. root vegetables should be eaten in moderation and carrots and beets have alot of sugar in them. it may taste better to our tongues to taste the sweetness but in the long run is healthier to eat greens.
I have a few juice recipies if you're interested.

as we learn to eat 80percent raw wholefoods, and 20 percent warmed/cooked, grounding foods, our tastebuds will change.
our mental clarity may become sharper, and we can have all the energy we thought was lost with our childhood.

an emphasis on "greens" aslo supplies us with cholorphyll, which is molecularly structured like our own hemoglobin.

1 in 8 school children has high blood pressure.
4-6 children in 30 are on some type of drug for attention deficit disorder.
children are on the average 12lb. heavier than they were 20 yrs ago.
1/2 of us will die from heart diesease or diabetes.
1/3 of us will die from cancer.
24 million suffer from insomnia
55 million suffer from regular recurring headaches.
15 million are alcoholics.
60% if us are overweight.
15 million suffer from disastrous side-effects from prescription drugs.

how can it hurt than to try to put in good foods and gradually take out the bad? no harm done. and it's not expected for us to just change over night.
it took us yrs to learn how we eat and will take time to learn how to eat healtheir choices of foods and how to cook them.

I too have an interest in the dietry feild and wish I had chosen this path as a career when I was younger. some people could care less what they eat.
they are what they eat. you know that term, right?

our food pyramid has to be changed if we expect our children and adults to be healthier. it's just all a matter of caring enough and if we have enough determination to make the changes.

Lavinia, I commend you for your accomplishments and you are an inspiration to me.

thank you so much for sharing your interests on this subject. it's not very popular thats for sure.

sincerely,
linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2006, 09:23 PM   #2
(female)

Lavinia2 HB User
Re: 80% raw food and 20% warmed/cooked food

Wow! You've been doing your research. It's so hard, isn't it. I mean, going against the flow...it's hard. My daughter (21) is a huge inspiration to me. We are on this journey together. She became vegetarian for animal rights reasons. I did for health. But we both feel the same, like we have to relearn/unlearn everything. We get together once a week for a few hours and pour over books and research. We learn by explaining what we've learned to each other. It's fun.

It's funny (not ha ha funny, but interesting funny) how when people learn the food choices I make, they feel they must explain to me why it's a bad choice. And they are so ignorant. And I am talking about friends and even simple acquaintences. I don't go around preaching to people. This has been a journey for me and I've "been there", so I don't preach. I plant seeds, yes....But I hate feeling I must defend myself. But the up side of that is that it has forced me to "know my stuff." When someone says something like, "Well, if you don't eat meat and cheese you aren't getting enough protein."...for example, it makes me hit the books to find out what foods I need to be focusing on to get that protein. I'm healthier for it.

When you talk about "greens" are you refering to green drinks? Like Barley Green?

Your statistics reminded me, there is a chapter in The China Study called "Turning cancer on and off." It is amazing. It's too involved to explain here but it was proven that cancer can indeed be turned on with the ingestion of animal protein and turned off by taking it away.

There is so much to learn.

Lavinia

Old 09-24-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jacal5 HB Userjacal5 HB User

I eat lots of veggies, but I don't do that well with the fruit, I buy it and it goes bad, or it's too expensive, etc. so I bought a powdered drink called Reds Hx from my vitamin company, it contains polyphenols and anti-oxidant properties from several fruits like the berries, watermelon, cherries, papayas, pomegranates etc. In addition it contains heart healthy resveratrol and grape seed extract and other nutrients like Lutein. I add it to my calcium-fortified orange juice and it tastes like raspberries, real yummy. It's a good solution for me to get the fruit nutrients in my diet, and doesn't add to my carb count (it's only 2 grams of carbs.) and put weight on like eating fruit does.

I am hoping this drink will aid me in turning my body more alkaline than acidic, along with my other diet modifications.

Linda, it's too bad that you didn't pursue the nutrition field, it's a great field for helping people and the money is good now, not like in the past. The nutritionist i went to a few years ago made $150.00 an hour to make up special diets geared to the patients needs. My mom's doctor said something interesting to her, she told him she didn't want to take Nexium because she read it can cause stomach polyps that can turn cancerous, so he said everything has side effects, even the food you eat!

Old 09-25-2006, 06:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jacal5 HB Userjacal5 HB User

I was getting confused about the acid/alkaline foods, because the foods below show up on the both lists on different web-sites, but the reason for it is the acid/alkaline content of the foods is unknown:

Asparagus
Brazil Nuts
Brussel Sprouts
Buckwheat
Chicken
Corn
Cottage Cheese
Eggs
Flax Seeds
Green Tea
Herbal Tea
Honey
Kombucha
Lima Beans

Maple Syrup
Milk
Nuts
Organic Milk
(unpasteurized)
Potatoes, white
Pumpkin Seeds
Sauerkraut
Soy Products
Sprouted Seeds
Squashes
Sunflower Seeds
Yogurt

Lavinia, you have a good point regarding the quick fixes most people want for their medical condtions. It seems most people don't want to take the time and work it requires to understand nutrition issues and adjust their diets to maintain their health, whether it's bone heatlth, heart health, etc. It's really apparent to me when I dine out with a group of individuals over 50 yrs. old.
They eat all the unhealthy fatty foods in the restaurant because they are taking Lipitor and are commenting that the statin drug will kill the fat they are eating. If they made better food choices, maybe they wouldn't need Lipitor!

i guess some fault lies with the medical community and big pharma, doctors don't hesitate to prescribe drugs right away, and most don't mention nutrition issues unless the patient is diabetic. In addition, some insurance plans don't cover the services of a nutritionist, (my insurer used to, but my company contracted for a cheaper plan) which would make it easier for some people to follow a planned diet menu based on their speciific medical conditions, versus doing the research themselves.

The same applies for anxiety/depression, when a patient complains about these symptoms, the doctor usually gives a "quick fix" pill like Paxil, instead of suggesting counseling to get to the route of the problem, because it's the easiest and cheapest way out.

Last edited by jacal5; 09-25-2006 at 06:30 AM.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:07 PM   #5
(male)

StrongBone HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lintek45
remember I mentioned this one mircoscopist who wrote a book and his wife shelly also wrote a cook book to make it easier for people like us who want to change our pH? he was doing research testing team and has observed thousands of blod samples from people all over the world. Over and over agin he saw with his own eyes the changes, at the cellular level, that would occur when people made changes in their diet. as they adopted a more alkalizing diet, rich in raw vegetabels, ESPECIALLY GREENS, he witnessed an exrtreme improvment in (1) blood cell integrity (2) oxygenation of the blood stream, (3) diminishing yeast and fungal forms in the blood serum, and (4) a dramatic reduction in bacterial and higher pleomorphic and disturbing microforms found in the blood of sick and tired people.
I have attended to couple of lectures based on the teachings by Robert O. Young, but I am not convinced of the approach. The promoted diet is pretty much a raw food vegan diet although little cooked food and animal food is allowed. One reason I am not convinced is the fact that there are studies showing that people eating a raw food diet have a low body weight and lower bone mineral density due to low protein and caloric intake.

Young also fails to mention vitamin D in his book. I find that strange as it is a vitamin which has a very important role not only in preserving good bone mineral density but also in improving insulin resistance and preventing cancer, as recent studies have shown. I have seen that many people following this pH diet approach have a very low body weight (BMI) which is certainly not good in osteoporosis. They are also ignorant of the need to supplement with vitamins B12 and D.

Robert O. Young is obsessively interested in the purification aspect of the diet and neglecting the building aspect. And building aspect of diet is something that everyone with osteoporosis should really be interested in. Preventing bone loss and building new bone is crucial in osteoporosis.

Last edited by StrongBone; 09-25-2006 at 11:24 PM.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User

Regarding consumption of enough calcium and vitamins to prevent osteoporosis,
Dr.Young states: "QUOTE" there seems to be a general opinion out in the public that eating a vegan diet would seriously deplete one's calcium intake, which is vital for so many functions of the body. Many commercials promote dairy foods and even antacids as a way to get our required daily percentage of calcium. Some of these commercials target woman and use osteoporosis as a reason to take their products or supplements.

the fact is, ALL green leafy vegetables and greasses are ineherentlyu HIGH in calcium, iron, magnesium, vitamin C, and many of the B vitamins.

these would include: All greasses, spinach, parsley, cabbage, kale, collard greens, celery, cauliflower, beet greens, green leafty lettuce, okra, onions, green beans. Also, avocado, black beans, garbanzo beans, tofu, almonds, hazelnuts and sesame seeds are all very high in calcium.
ask youself this, where does the cow get her calcium?
As long as we are eating an alkalizing diet that is rich in green foods and green drinks, we don't need to worry about getting enough calcium.

Dr young and his wife even had a bone density test to determine if they had any signs of calcium deficiency. They have been vegans for approx 20 yrs and both of their tests came out with bone densities that were well above average. His wife shelly's raiting was similar to a 20-yr olds bone density and she's (46) and Dr.Youngs was also in the very HIGHEST percentage and he was 48 at the time he had it performed.

here are some other forms of foods rich in calcium:

Beans and Bean Products Portion mg
Soy cheese substitutes 1 oz 0-200
Tofu, firm, made with calcium sulphate 3 ½ oz 125
White beans ½ cup 100
Navy beans ½ cup 60
Black turtle beans ½ cup 50
Pinto beans, chickpeas ½ cup 40

Nuts and Seeds Portion mg
Almonds, dry roast ¼ cup 95
Whole sesame seeds (black or (white) 1Tbsp 90
Tahini(sesame seed butter) 1Tbsp 63