It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
(female)

salster3365 HB User
Anyone using AlgaeCal?

Recently diagnosed 51 yr old with osteoporosis in the spine (-2.6) and osteopenia in the hip (-1.9). Mother had severe osteo. Have been researching the web and this board is awesome. Was wondering if anyone has been using AlgaeCal and how their DEXA scans were afterwards.
Thx

Old 05-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

DesertBloom HB UserDesertBloom HB User
Re: Anyone using AlgaeCal?

Hi salster3365: Welcome, glad you could join us!!! Sorry I don't have any personal info on this calcium supplement but you might want to watch a thread below where they asked the same question. I can't remember if anyone here is taking it, but if so hopefully they will chime in.

Good Luck with your diagnosis, and do you have any particular problems absorbing calcium? Usually the people who have trouble with absortion turn to these types of calcium, and I know that the company claims it works better, but I don't know about that, don't they also give a gaurantee that it works? It would be interesting to know how that gaurantee works!!

There are a lot of different threads discussing calcium, vit D, mangnesium etc so maybe you could find some others who took it in the older threads, say 6 mos ago or so. Look around and ask all the questions you like.

There's a lot of info here, if you haven't already noticed, so stay a while, and hopefully we'll be talking about something that interests you too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2007, 07:27 AM   #3
(female)

salster3365 HB User
Re: Anyone using AlgaeCal?

Thanks for the reply. I haven't received my tests back yet. My appt is on the 29th. My understanding from you is that if my absorbtion is ok that I don't need any type of special calcium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertBloom View Post
Hi salster3365: Welcome, glad you could join us!!! Sorry I don't have any personal info on this calcium supplement but you might want to watch a thread below where they asked the same question. I can't remember if anyone here is taking it, but if so hopefully they will chime in.

Good Luck with your diagnosis, and do you have any particular problems absorbing calcium? Usually the people who have trouble with absortion turn to these types of calcium, and I know that the company claims it works better, but I don't know about that, don't they also give a gaurantee that it works? It would be interesting to know how that gaurantee works!!

There are a lot of different threads discussing calcium, vit D, mangnesium etc so maybe you could find some others who took it in the older threads, say 6 mos ago or so. Look around and ask all the questions you like.

There's a lot of info here, if you haven't already noticed, so stay a while, and hopefully we'll be talking about something that interests you too.

Closed Thread