It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #31
(female)

sierrawalker HB User
Re: how many people have actually broken bones?

Desertbloom your words are correct. I've experienced not being able to take care of myself & hated asking others for help. The fear of those emotions hit me again when I saw my test results - I'm doing everything I can to stay independent. Thankfully there are many choices today.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

osteoblast HB User

RosaFlor -Thanks for posting about the independence issue. That and pain are two things that can put someone into a state of fear when they receive a diagnosis of osteoporosis. And, I do not really think that doctors address these issues. Perhaps it is not in their job description? So that leaves us to try to deal with it ourselves , some will seek an outlet to share/deal with their fears, and/or seek counseling.It is of course on thing to deal with the fear of dependency and then another thing to be living it. Everyone will deal with it differently and hopefully find their own way. It is really wonderful to have access to healthboards to share.I welcomed you on another thread where you talked about your reclast experience. But welcome again!

DesertBloom- I went back and saw that you indeed were not the one to first mention independence and thought I would correct the message . Thanks!

Last edited by osteoblast; 02-05-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #33
Senior Veteran
(female)

DesertBloom HB UserDesertBloom HB User

Thanks you two, but Rosaflor was the one who brought up independence and I just expanded on that issue, from my view point.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:23 AM   #34
(female)

sierrawalker HB User

DesertBloom, just meant I agreed with your words about loss of independence. I also hated asking for help more than I can say.

Rosaflor, I agree totally that maintaining independence is huge to me also. That keeps me busy trying to figure out my best options right now. Thanks for your post, it helped me clarify a current feeling - fear.

Closed Thread