It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
(female)

podiecat HB User
Cysts of calcium on hand tendons.

Hi All,

It's been a long time since I've checked in. I just read some of the posts and I'm so happy to hear of the great results from strontium some of you have had. I wish I knew if I was actually absorbing the calcium I'm getting in my bones...., because it seems it's going elsewhere!

In addition to the same ol', same ol', I now have cysts in my hands that my doctor just told me were calcium deposits along the tendon sheaths. They are getting very big and it's upsetting to know that my dexa was worse while calcium has/is going to my shoulders, hands and too many places other than my bones. I also had cortisol and DHEA tests re-done and found that I have almost none first thing in the morning - it was below the low! So that's why I'm depressed even before I open my eyes in the morning!

Does any of this sound familiar? Does anyone else have these hard cysts in their hands?

Happy New Year and may our bones get stronger..... carol

Old 01-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
(female)

osteopenia1 HB User
Re: Cysts of calcium on hand tendons.

Just wondering what kind of calcium do you take and how much?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
(female)

podiecat HB User

Ezorb for three years. I did stop my supplements for a few months - struggled with the why bother mode. I also take fish oil caps, K2, D3, osteoboron, magnesium taurate at night, and more. Even with all that my femoral neck was -4, from -3.5 two years before. I react to lots of substances but think I may give strontium a try. How do I know for sure that I'm getting enough calcium so strontium won't harm me?

Old 01-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
(female)

podiecat HB User

Oh, I take four capsules in the morning. It should not be loading elsewhere but it is.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
(female)

Canna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by podiecat View Post
Oh, I take four capsules in the morning. It should not be loading elsewhere but it is.
Podiecat I would encourage you to try the strontium citrate. My femoral neck increased over 6 percent in a year with strontium use. Also you could change your calcium pills to another brand if you think they are not absorbing properly. Good Luck some posters are also using silica or biosil.
Dr Lorna Vanderhaege said on her radio show that biosil liquid drops improves femoral neck density and increases bone strength. The active ingredient is orthosilisic acid and it stimulates collagen to make new bone. You put it in juice once a day. Just thought I would pass this on to you also vitamin K ...mk7 which is the most natural kind plays a big role in remodling bones.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #6
(female)

podiecat HB User

Thanks, Canna.
I took Biosil capsules for two years. Is the capsule a different form than the drops? I'll look into it. I'm nervous about the strontium only because I don't know if I'm absorbing the calcium properly. If not, I could get into worse trouble with strontium.

New Chapter now has a Bone Builder supplement that has strontium, calcium, k2 and more - I thought strontium must be taken away from calcium.....

Thanks, carol

Old 01-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #7
(female)

osteopenia1 HB User

I also have been on Ezorb for 3 years (only 2 per day). While I had improvement from osteopenia to normal, lately I noticed several bone cycts? on the gum line in my mouth.
Whether this is due to Ezorb or not I don't know but was interested in your cysts in your hand tendons. My dentist says it's nothing to worry about.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:34 AM   #8
(female)

podiecat HB User

My teeth are now wearing away very quickly also! Because of that I now have TMJ and my bite integrity is gone. I had had xrays on my shoulders due to a year of hell with both frozen shoulders and bone spurs that were thought to be calcium deposits were in my shoulders also. I feel like I'm falling apart and the depression is the most lethal! I think I posted way back when of a study about depression linked to low density of the femoral head - or maybe I just read the link on here.

What test will tell me if I'm absorbing calcium in the right place even if I have calcium deposits where I should not?

Old 01-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

I had a cyst in my hand however it was a liquid type but it did have to be removed because it was in the tendon sheath. It caused alot of pain because there's not much space in your hand for any growths. Mine eventually burst which almost permanently injured my tendon,not sure which one, in my hand. My surgery was very successful and my hand/fingers work fine now. I don't know the cause of the cyst I got.

Are you considering surgery to remove the cysts you have?

Old 01-03-2009, 05:04 AM   #10
(female)

Canna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by podiecat View Post
Thanks, Canna.
I took Biosil capsules for two years. Is the capsule a different form than the drops? I'll look into it. I'm nervous about the strontium only because I don't know if I'm absorbing the calcium properly. If not, I could get into worse trouble with strontium.

New Chapter now has a Bone Builder supplement that has strontium, calcium, k2 and more - I thought strontium must be taken away from calcium.....

Thanks, carol

Old 01-03-2009, 05:11 AM   #11
(female)

Canna HB User

Podiecat the liquid biosil absorbs faster and even with poor digestion so they say. All my research indicates that calcium and strontium have to be taken apart and that is what I do as you do. You may need to change your calcium pills if you know they are not absorbing and take the strontium separately from it.... When you took the biosil before did it show any increases in femoral neck? This road to better bones can be difficult and there are so many decisons about vitamins and all that stuff. Maybe others will share what type of vitamins they take and it will make your decision a bit easier. What's good for one person does not work for another so its hard sometimes to get the right one. keep us posted

Old 01-03-2009, 06:54 AM   #12
(female)

podiecat HB User

Hi Taape, I have several cysts- some really big on the tendon that comes down from the ring finger, and several smaller ones in my finger joints or right up against them. I'm not planning on having them removed as of yet because I have serious health issues that make me a very poor surgical candidate.

I chose Ezorb because that was supposed to be absorbed more easily than others - do you agree with that?

And Canna, I will try the biosil drops. No - taking biosil in the other form for two years made no improvement - my DEXA went from -3.5 to -4.0. I'm 56 and really hope the quick negative changes slow down, stop, reverse. It's very scary!!!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

podiecat,
Sorry you can't have surgery. Mine was pretty quick (30 min.) and straight forward. Mine were directly down from the ring finger also. I wonder about why that is. You don't want to loose the use of your fingers. I hope your doctor can work something out for you.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #14
(female)

peppurr HB User

I haven't been here for awhile but have to say, calcium absorption has been on my mind lately.
I recently had an ultra sound for a possible hernia. The tech couldn't find the hernia but she did find 2 gall stones!

Thing is, I do not fit the profile at all for gall stones and I'm wondering if the calcium has anything to do with it.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #15
(female)

podiecat HB User

What kind of calcium are you using and how much? I know the magnesium/calcium ratio is very important.

I now have an inguinal hernia on my left side (was born with one on my right which was repaired before I was able to have babies). What were your symptoms? I ask because I often have heaviness and pressure under my right ribs. Feel better!

Closed Thread