It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
(male)

chickendriver HB User
Question Synvisc /Hylan G-F 20

Am thinking about trying synvisc for my Knees, is injected directly in to your knee over the course of three doctor vists,one week apart. Has any one out there tryed Synvisc? There is a web site: [url]www.SYNVISC.com[/url]

Last edited by chickendriver; 02-15-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Re: Synvisc /Hylan G-F 20

I've heard of this. Do you have arthritis?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
(male)

chickendriver HB User

yes in both knees,making it hard to get up and down, hope the injections help

Old 02-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
(female)

starfish81 HB User

You might want to look up prolotherapy; I had it done to both knees (although my problem was athletic overuse, not arthritis) and am pleased with the results. I think it can be useful for arthritis as well

Old 02-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I hope the injections work for you if you decide to get these. It makes it difficult to exercise/walk if our knees are hurting so much.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
(female)

paprbkrtr HB User

Tomorrow I get my third injections of Synvisc in the series of three, in both knees. I neer thought I'd say this, but I think I can already tell some difference.

I have arthritis in both knees and live in an upstairs apartment (13 steps plus 2 on the stoop) and it had been extremely difficult and painful going up and down. Just walking was terrible and my knees hurt at night. I have braces that I wear and rub Voltaren Gel on my knees.

So I'm especially thrilled to find this Synvisc (hopefully) being effective.

If you decide to get them, try to get someone with experience to actually give the injections. My first round was from someone without a lot of experience and it hurt like hell. My second round was from a different doctor in the practice and this is my verbatim quote when he was finished: "Are you serious? Are you kidding me? You're FINISHED?!?!?"

They should spray your knees with something that makes them real cold and kind of numb first. It wears off quickly, so don't worry about having numb knees. Next they'll give you injections of something to further numb your knees and perhaps some pain medicine. Finally they'll give you the injections of Synvisc. If the doctor is good, it will be quick and relatively painless.

Your knees will probably ache that night and perhaps the next day, but based on my experience, I would recommend it.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wow, that's great to hear that your already getting relief from the injections. What do you think about the Voltaren Gel, does it help you? I've been given this to use on the bottom of my feet due to plantar faciitis and I've found it works.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
(female)

paprbkrtr HB User

I get some relief from the Voltaren Gel, but just not enough.

I have plantar faciitis on my feet too, but never thought to try the gel. I'll do it next time I have a flare-up.

Good luck with the injections!

Old 02-19-2009, 07:23 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

This Voltaren Gel has been a life safer for the bottom of my feet since I can't take oral NSAIDS. I'm not getting injections for arthritis but know several people who have it and will pass along your success with the Synvisc.

Closed Thread