It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
(female)

lmar HB User
ezorb calcium

is this better than traditional calciums

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
(female)

tomatojuice HB User
Re: ezorb calcium

I would have to say NO! After having dealt with the so called scientist that are pushing this calcium. (that is how I come to this conclusion). There answers to certain questions revealed to me there lack of basic knowledge. They will say anything to get you to believe in the product. It is my belief after reading about different forms of calcium, that calcium citrate is the best. That is what I take, and I have had significant increases in bone density over the past 3 years. Also calcium should be taken in increments of no more than 500mg at once. The best to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2009, 04:40 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmar View Post
is this better than traditional calciums
It works well for me. It's the only calcium that made a difference in my Dexa scores. I now take Strontium in the evening, calcium in the AM.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
(female)

mitsy HB Usermitsy HB User

My doctor's wife is a macrobiologist and recommended the ezorb and it has worked well for me. I believe the info that it digest differently. I have several friends who have taken it and feel better. I am going to also try the strontium in the morning and the ezorb in the evening.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
(female)

osteopenia1 HB User

After taking E-zorb for 2 years, I went from osteopenia to normal range. In a year or so will get another scan and will post results. I only take the minimum of 2 tablets or sometimes I get the powder and take l/2 tsp. 2X a day which is equal to two tablets. I get their monthly newsletter and many people have improved their scores and have their letters included for all to read.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #6
(female)

tomatojuice HB User

In 2 1/2 years I went from osteoporosis to mild osteopenia,(without ezorb)taking citracal plus and strontium, and exercise. Having another dexa in December-hoping to reach normal range.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #7
(female)

KATC45 HB User

Please help with this question, if calcium citrate is the best, why are there so
many calcium products on the market that are calcium carbonate?
Not everyone looks for information to help get the best out of there vitamins.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #8
(female)

tomatojuice HB User

I am pretty sure its because it is less expensive.Its been a while since I researched about calcium. I do remember though that all the big studies found calcium citrate to be the most absorbable. With ezorb being the exception-in that its claims are stupendous. I find them too unbelievable. In any case, there have also been studies recently that say women past menopause have to be careful not to take too much calcium, as it can add to heart problems. So for myself, I take only 500mg of the citracal in a day, figuring I will get the rest by eating high calcium foods. The reccomended amt is I think 1000mg or 1200mg daily. I have discussed this with my doctor, who also agrees with about taking half. There are many form of calcium out there. Even the calcium that they add to o.j. is a different form. From what I remember they all pretty much work. I just went with the one most studied, and most absorbable.I buy the citracal plus because it also has the magnesium in it and some other helpful bone building minerals. Its not cheap. For me actually its quite expensive at $14 a bottle. But walgreens and rite usually have it on sale from time to time at $8.99. Well all the best to everyone here, who knows what will work for one and not for another really. So good luck

Old 08-07-2009, 07:59 AM   #9
(female)

KATC45 HB User

Thanks, I will look for calcium citrate. Check with Costco they might carry
citracal plus. I will look for it the next time I am at Costco. Also Wal-mart
might carry it.

Closed Thread