It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
(female)

mommabuck HB User
Dr will be making appt for DEXA scan next week

Went to the doctor today because of odd feeling in my hip and a clunking noise/feeling. Not really painful, kind of sends a jolt down the front of my leg, not comfortable and had worried me a bit.

Six years ago I had a hairline fracture in the head of the femur. How this happened I have no idea. Just one day started having pain in my hip, especially when standing up after sitting for awhile, and would have to just walk it out. It took two months to figure out and finally after anti-inflammatory meds, xrays, mri, catscan finally found a healing hairline fracture.

Since then my hip has been "touchy". Some days it bothers me, other days there's no problem until the last few months when the pain is starting to come back.

Kind of worried about what the scan will say. I started perimenopause at age 32, officially entered menopause in 2002, at age 38 (I'm now 45). I took hormones for while until the study on them came out.

I have so many of the risk factors I guess I'm scaring myself. I'm 5 ft, 100 lbs, small framed, my mother has osteopenia, aunt has osteoporosis, I smoke. Until last year I led a very sedentary life. Last year I got on the ball and lost 40 lbs and now exercise is a daily part of my life. But my job is a desk job so from 8-5 i spend most of my day sitting. I have taken calcium and Vit D for the past 5 years so there's one plus!

Guess I'm just worried..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2009, 04:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User
Re: Dr will be making appt for DEXA scan next week

HI Mommabuck and welcome to the board . What part of MO do you live in? I grew up across the river in IL, but spent a lot of time in St. Louis. I'm not sure what you are asking, but until you have had the DEXA, more test if needed and talked to your dr. you really won't know exactly what is going on. In the meantime try to relax, stress isn't good for anything. Congratulation on your weight loss and exercise program. Could it be something in your exercise routine that is causing your hip to hurt more than usual? Have you added anything new in the last few months that could be causing the pain? Keep us posted. Have a good Labor Day weekend..take care..phyllis

Old 09-05-2009, 05:58 AM   #3
(female)

KATC45 HB User
Re: Dr will be making appt for DEXA scan next week

Hi,
Once all is checked out look into taking Strontium (Bone Builder) a lot of people on the site take it and find good results. You can get it on line, must be taken
by itself not with calciu.
Best katc45

Closed Thread