It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
(female)

GenieW HB User
Question Grinding of neck in sleep

I find myself waking up to my head tilted back and realize that I have twisted my head -like turning it as though I am shaking my head to mean 'no'. It hurts so much. I can hear the crackling noise my bones make. I know stress has influenced it but I am worried that what will be left of my bones if I keep this up. I just wonder if I should get a neck brace that will hold my neck straight while I sleep. I am only 55 and don't want my neck to go out on me while I am so young.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Re: Grinding of neck in sleep

Has your doctor made any recommendations? Just wondering. I would think that your neck would get really stiff if you wear a brace while sleeping. There are memory foam type pillows where there's a scooped out place for your neck where you would be less apt to move your head from side to side.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
(female)

GenieW HB User

Now THERE'S a problem...affording a doctor. But I will go and get the pillow and see if that helps. I was wondering if anyone else has had this type of problem tho. A lot of the time we don't know what our bodies are doing while we sleep. I should try the sleep study place near me. They might tell me more about what's going on.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

I don't know if I expressed it to well in my previous post but I was thinking that if your neck and head are comfortable maybe you won't be turning your head back and forth as much.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #5
(female)

GenieW HB User

Being comfortable is important. I find myself using two pillows...they are not big ones...and they are not uncomfortable....but the one you mentioned is probably much better for me to use. I'll go get one. I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this same problem tho. But it all makes me wonder...how did we do what we did as kids! Our bodies weren't old yet. Thanks for your input on this too!

Closed Thread