It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
stronitum

Hi did you order it online from one of the sponsored sites below? I need to order some. I didn't deal well at all with actonal and the fortical helped my hips but my spine is worse. I had stopped the fortical about 6 weeks prior to my scan as I developed a sore in the nose.
I was very optimistic when I saw the endo as she said there was usually an underlying reason for the osteroporsis.
However, my parathyroid, kidney,blood calcium, magnesium etc etc are all normal but my 24 hour urine calcium was 19 (50-250 is normal) I was excited thinking this might be the reason for the osteroporosis, severe cramping, kidney pain and multiple unusual brain calcifications. However, the endo seems to be done with me. I did get her to write an order for ionized calcium testing but otherwise adios. I wake up with cramps so bad, I pulled a muscle in my arm. Osteroporsis doesn't run in my family. My mom developed it after cancer treatment and she had two stress fractures. I really thought I had a problem with my parathyroid. Oh well, the search goes on but I need to get started on the stronitum and have no clue where to get it from thanks, Melanie

Old 09-07-2009, 04:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User
Re: stronitum

HI Mel...the strontium i take is NSI...i order it online, but can't post on the board from where. There are other good brands, but this one has a good price and has proven to me to be effective. If you enable your Private Message feature i can tell you where i order it from. Or if you do a search you'll find other brands to choose from. Just be sure when your order strontium, whatever brand you decide on, that it contains only strontium and not a combo of other supplements. I take extra magnesium and it seems to help with muscle aches, i've also read that eating bananas will help with leg cramps since they they are rich potassium. take car..phyllis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: stronitum

Hi ok it is enabled. I thought since the sites were sponsered sites on this board they could be listed, however, if you don't utilize them I understand the necessity for the private message. thank you.
I do eat bananas and my lab work was normal for everything except the 24 hour calcium. I read that blood calcium will be normal because the body will draw from the bones thus causing osteroporosis. However, my phosperous and parathyroid were normal. I did read having normal levels still doesn't rule out pseudohypoparathyoid. I am going to have my ionized calcium checked also. I think also I am going to change endocrinologists. Something is causing the severe cramping and leading to a worsening of the osteroporosis.
Who said it was the golden years? lol

Closed Thread