It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
(female)

Melnwest HB User
Question Question about my number on the body analysis scale...

Hi!

I have a question, I hope someone can answer. I bought a body fat analysis scale (one that checks the body fat, muscle, water, and bone density percentages), and the pamphlet did not give any idea on what the numbers mean for bone density. I got a 6.2 as my score, and my total body water content is usually 50-51%, and my BMI is still high at like 31, though I have lost almost 65 pounds, and I was in eating disorder treatment for a couple of months recently for malnutrition/dehydration from too fast of weight loss.
My serum calcium level also is slightly low again....had gone up after treatment to high normal, to actually elevated some, and now is back down just below normal at a 8.6 (8.7 to 10.4) normal..had been like 10.4 to 10.6. Which I realize isnt critically low or anything, but my vitamin D also has been low since last year, and now on 3 months of prescription vitamin D weekly since my levels have not come up with OTC vitamin D...so I worry about the risk of osteoporosis or osteopenia, and the doctor I saw before my calcium went low again, said he didn't think I needed a DEXA scan, but I almost want to ask my regular PCP about it....just wish I had an idea on what the scale result of 6.2 means.. I am also wondering if I should have a ionized calcium level to see how that looks. I did have a PTH done recently which was "normal", but kind of low normal, but idk....(I get calcium oxalate kindey stones, and my urologist tested me)
I am 27 years old, so not sure if it is a big deal, but wondering!

Thanks so much!
Melody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread