It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
(female)

Precious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB User
Question Outcome

I have a fractured vertebra and Osteoporosis. I have been in allot of pain for 2 months while waiting to see if I am a candidate for KYPHOPLASTY. That's where they inject cement into the vertebra to stabilize it. While this has been going on, my spine has gotten messed up and now my stomach protrudes in the front and I have a small curve on my spine in the back. I didn't know I had Osteoporosis until I was injured in Nov. Now, my primary Dr. has put me on Evista. My big question is this? What does my future look like, and how about my being able to work again? I am currently in a hard back brace which I have to wear all the time except for bed. I also have been out of work for almost 2 months. I have a chance for an interview (tomorrow) at my same job which I had already applied for before all this happened. I won't have to do allot of physical things like I was doing, but wonder if that will even be a problem. I do have to tale pain meds every day or I wouldn't be walking. Any help you can give, or suggestions I would be very thankful for. I know that I have to make the final decision tomorrow, and make it through the interview.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Re: Outcome

Hi,
If I were you I'd go to the interview. You may have to tell them that you are awaiting surgery and how long you would be home recovering and the job may wait for you if your lucky.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread