It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
(male)

axel79 HB User
ezorb

I would like to know the difference between EZorb and the kind of calcium you buy in pill form in any drugstore, supposedly for the benefit of osteoporosis.
Is Ezorb a special kind of calcium or is it just another name for the same material.
My wife has osteoporosis and was told to take Fosamax, which gave her a lot of problems so she stopped taking that and switched to EZorb. Is this a good idea ?
I have read good things about it on the internet and bad things. Now we don't know what to believe.

Does anybody have a straight answer ?

Old 01-24-2010, 04:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User
Re: ezorb

HI axel79, welcome to the board. I've never used ezorb, but there are many threads on this board that discuss it. Just put ezorb in the search box at the top left of the page and you'll find quite a bit of info about posted by others. take care...phyllis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
(female)

Razz2 HB User
Re: ezorb

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel79 View Post
I would like to know the difference between EZorb and the kind of calcium you buy in pill form in any drugstore, supposedly for the benefit of osteoporosis.
Is Ezorb a special kind of calcium or is it just another name for the same material.
My wife has osteoporosis and was told to take Fosamax, which gave her a lot of problems so she stopped taking that and switched to EZorb. Is this a good idea ?
I have read good things about it on the internet and bad things. Now we don't know what to believe.

Does anybody have a straight answer ?
Hi Axel - I can't really give you a "straight answer" regarding using the eZorb but I do have about 5 years experience taking it. With a brief period (15 mos) using Fosamax I determined that wasn't for me due to side effects. The eZorb immediately eased my back and hip pain and made life more pleasant. My dexa scores did not improve while on the eZorb but they did not worsen either. My scores are very low and perhaps that makes a difference. -4.2 to -4.5 is my normal range throught the entire time I've been diagnosed which is about 7 years. For those with higher scores the results could be much more favorable. Good luck with whatever you two choose to do. By the way - cool to have a husband that is so involved. Razz

Closed Thread