It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
(female)

tlivyy HB User
living with so many health issues

hello im new to group 47 yrs old and been living with osteoporsis and degentive bone disease for over 20 yrs now,im on a dilada,bacofen impant pump for pain and also on vicodin for breakthru pain.this past week took a toll on me i thought i had broken my left foot which has been broke 15x my fiance took me to the er come to find out the dr said my osteoporosis was so bad in my foot it showed and i was to go home and elevate my foot for a week if not better go to my dr.i have 80% bone loss thru out my body.3 cracks in my spine,and 3 bulging discs.i also suffered a blood clot in my lung last may and im on oxygen 24-7.i had a greens filter put in last aug. to keep clots from going to heart and lungs again... i hope i meet some great freinds here and we can go thru some of this together....

tlivyy

Old 01-31-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User
Re: living with so many health issues

HI Tlivyy, welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about your foot and other health concerns. I think you'll find many good people here who are willing to share, listen and give support. I'm phyllis, 57, married with 2 grown kids and 3 grand daughters. if you have questions just ask, someone will have something helpful to say.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2010, 01:13 AM   #3
(female)

Precious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB User
Re: living with so many health issues

Hi There, and welcome to the board.
Did your diagnoses start out as Osteoporosis? I'm recovering from a fracture of my T12 which I did at work. I had Kyphoplasty where they inject cement into your vertebra. I had relief for a brief period, and now I'm back to having major pain in the right and left sides of my back. I had this done 3 weeks ago and go back to the DR. this Wed. He keeps wanting to treat me for the T12 fracture, when my whole lower and mid back hurt. In my front, it's like my ribs are sitting on top of each other. I had none of this pain before my accident at work and have been on work comp. (slow process) but don't have allot of choice right now. How do I get the Dr. to listen to me when I go back to see him?
You have been through allot more than I have ever been so I shouldn't complain. It's just when you're in pain constantly it seems like there's no end.
I think you are a really brave person.

Closed Thread