It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
(female)

jrose1358 HB User
New Dexa Results - YEA!

After another year on Strontium, Vit D, Calcium, and strength training I have seen terrific improvement. My spine improved another 1% which puts it even further into the normal range (worst reading is at L4 at -.4 all the rest are positive). My Right hip femur neck went from -1.6 to -1.0 and my Left femur neck went from -1.7 to -1.4. Over the two years I have been on this regimen I have seen a 3% improvement in both spine and hips. Just had to share my good news and I plan to stay the present course for another year. Blessings All!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
(male)

Todd500 HB User
Re: New Dexa Results - YEA!

Great news, keep up the good work

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

This is great to hear about your near normal bone density. How did you get a DEXA scan that tested both hips? The tests I've had only test on hip, and then spine. Just wondering.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User

Hi Jan, what great news!!! I hope you went out to celebrate. what did you dr. have to say about the results and how you came to get them? Is he now a believer in the power of strontium, supplements and hard work? Have a great weekend and bask in the glow of your accomplishments. take care...phyllis

Old 04-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #5
(female)

KATC45 HB User

Glad to hear you had such great results, I have only been on Strontium for about one year, and weight training about the same time, no new Dexa testing yet, but you have given me great encouragement! I am sure that this is the right way to go. I have gotten off of Forteo and will not take any other meds. So thanks for your great report and keep it up.

Last edited by KATC45; 04-03-2010 at 03:55 PM.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
(female)

jrose1358 HB User

Hi taape, philwill, and Todd. Thank you for the well wishes. Taape - My results always come back with a set of separate scores for the right hip, the left hip and the spine and then I get a summary that includes a spine and total hip score which is an average the spine scores and the two hip scores. I have only gone to one lab so I don't have other lab reports to compare to. Do you only have a measurement in one hip or do they just average both hips? Philwil -my doctor always send my reports to me in the mail and he never remembers that I am on Strontium. In his letter he just says "Good work and continue on your current treatments". Ha Ha. We did go out and have a glass of wine last night in celebration! Blessings everyone.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
(female)

jrose1358 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATC45 View Post
Glad to hear you had such great results, I have only been on Strontium for about one year, and weight training about the same time, no new Dexa testing yet, but you have given me great encouragement! I am sure that this is the right way to go. I have gotten off of Forteo and will not take any other meds. So thanks for your great report and keep it up.
Hi Kat! Just wanted to let you know that after my first year on Strontium my spine improved from osteopenia to normal but my hips actually got a little worse. So - I wasn't sure what to expect this year and was very happy when I saw such dramatic hip improvement as well. Just FYI - I believe improvement will come with Strontium - in my case it took my hips a little longer than my spine! Good luck and many blessings.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #8
(female)

jrose1358 HB User

FYI - Just wanted to let you know that these results happened even after being on Prednisone for 3 months for a very bad rash. I was very worried while on the Prednisone that I was further damaging my bones but apparently the Strontium continued to provide the protection I needed.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #9
(female)

Canna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose1358 View Post
FYI - Just wanted to let you know that these results happened even after being on Prednisone for 3 months for a very bad rash. I was very worried while on the Prednisone that I was further damaging my bones but apparently the Strontium continued to provide the protection I needed.
Good News Jrose.... of your density improvement. Very encouraging to others, Yah!!

Old 04-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

jrose,
I've had several DEXA scans and they only do my left hip.One hip, my lower spine. It sounds likeyou get much more information out of your tests.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #11
(female)

tomatojuice HB User

Hi jrose....Congratulations.....I also have had good results with my last two dexas since being on strontium. My dexas also do the left and the right hip. Keep up the good work. Glad to hear that you celebrated. And your doctor sounds pretty cool.

Closed Thread