It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
(female)

pianolady HB User
The book, "The Myth of Osteoporosis"

EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH OSTEOPENIA OR OSTEOPOROSIS, you should read this book! What an eye-opener! I have recently read this book after seeing several comments on this board about it being a necessary read. I am very excited about some of the things I learned. I had felt I was doomed to get osteoporosis, and the things this book told me gave me hope.

I think the two most important things I took away from this book are:
1. weight bearing exercise is the primary way to prevent osteoporosis, and
2. the most effective way to increase your calcium intake is not with supplements or dairy products.

I am infused with new hope that I can prevent this disease in my life instead of being defeated with the idea that I was doomed to get it no matter what I did!

Old 04-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: The book, "The Myth of Osteoporosis"

Glad to hear you have read this book and are now hopeful about your future. Good for you! I'm reading the book now and I'm so glad I learned about it on this board. What a great board!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

phylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB Userphylwill1152 HB User

Hello, I feel that this book should be a must read for everyone dx with osteo or knows someone who is. I read it several years ago after being dx and it was not only an eyeopener for me but also put into perspective the doubts and fears i had. What i took away from the book, besides all the great info was that i am the same person i've always been and can still do all the things i've always done. I have osteo, but it doesn't have me. Since my dx i have improved my bone density with plenty of exercise ( walking, weight training and being active), supplements, a healthy diet and strontium citrate, all things talked about in the book.

I think everyone who reads this book takes away something different. Its not your traditional osteo book, but one with plenty to offer. Good luck on your journeys to strong bones. take care...phyllis

Old 04-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
(female)

jrose1358 HB User

Just wondering - how do you get enough calcium apart from supplements and dairy? I would love to have some other alternatives.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

montesflus HB Usermontesflus HB User

I've also read ''The Myth of Osteoporosis". Certainly a great read and full of valuable, eye-opening info. Took away a lot of the fear that big-pharma would have you believe re this so called ''disease'' and like phylwil said, it brings a whole different perspective to osteo that many docs and big-pharma don't want you to know as they just want to sell their meds

Some examples of non-dairy foods with high calcium are salmon, rhubarb, tofu, sardines, white beans, baked beans collard greens, spinach.

There are more. Just do a search online.

monte

Old 04-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
(female)

Myth HB User

hi everyone I just purchased this book and now wish I had read it when first diagnosed with osteoporosis , it would have saved a lot of worry

Im thinking the best advice we can give anyone new that comes here is to
read the book 'the myth of osteoporosis'

myth

Old 04-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #7
(female)

pianolady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesflus View Post
Some examples of non-dairy foods with high calcium are salmon, rhubarb, tofu, sardines, white beans, baked beans collard greens, spinach.

There are more. Just do a search online.
...or read the book! Really! It has a wealth of information, all of which is helpful! You might eat some things you have never eaten before, but you might find them very tasty...and they're good for you! And there are other things it will tell you besides what to eat.

Last edited by pianolady; 04-15-2010 at 07:03 AM.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:12 AM   #8
(female)

KATC45 HB User

The book should be given to everyone man or woman. I read the book last year and
went off of the forteo drug. I believe the best advise is to follow your gut feelings.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:50 AM   #9
(male)

ancient therapy HB User

Hallo Piano lady

Please could you give me the author of the book as i am keen to read this book.I also believe that all conditions should have simple explanations and cures once the true cause is known.I am reading a book ,'the cure for all diseases' by Hulda Clark and she writes that many a debilitating condition is a result of bacteria and she strongly recommends that the parasites must be destroyed electronically first before any amazing results are seen.Its food for thought!

Thank you kindly.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #10
(female)

pianolady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient therapy View Post
Please could you give me the author of the book
Gillian Sanson

Old 04-28-2010, 04:17 PM   #11
(female)

KATC45 HB User

Hi,
The author is Gillain Sanson, Amazon his the book for around $ 14.00.
Great Reading

Closed Thread