Hi nobones, i posted this last year and thought you might enjoy reading it. BTW, Myth gave you a great suggestion about reading the Myth of Osteoporosis, its a very good read that will help you immensely. You can get a copy at yoir local library if you don't want to buy one at this time.
We are all looking for the right things to do to help our bones, but sometimes we forget that its simple things that many times do the most good. take care...phyllis
1. Balance...an easy way to prevent broken bones is not to fall. Practice balancing exercises along with your weight bearing and weight training. Let's not forget good posture.
2. Keep active...no matter what we do during the day just moving and doing daily chores is exercise. It's all good.
3. Eat a balanced diet that includes all the right food and a few not so good, that we eat just to be happy. Chocolate does a body good .
4. Laugh often and heartily, its good for spirit and gives you strong abdominal muscles, which support the back.
5. Take your supplements, but don't stress about forgetting them some days. Stress isn't good for anything.
6. Listen to what you gut tells you, you'll know what's right and whats not for you. Everyone has an agenda to share or sell, some are good, some aren't, we have to decide for ourselves.
7. Don't let our less than perfect bones rule who we are...we are all much more than a dx given by a dr. who doesn't know us.
8. Enjoy everyday the best you can.